• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where is everybody hunting on opener?

longbeard34

Central Minnesota along a bean feild. I gave that stand the nick name (The Bloody stand)thats if conditions will be in that stands favor. If not I will be down in the Red Wing area sitting in the (Apple tree stand). I am ready to go. I have other options setup as well but really would like to start in one of the two mentioned here. Good luck to everyone and be safe.

Saturday morning will find me sitting in an Acorn invested oak flats in between 2 bean fields. It should be a good spot for morning or evening and being in the middle of the woods with trails criss crossing so it is huntable with almost any wind.

Saturday a.m. in an oak tree on a buddys RIM land where we have a small food plot, they bed all over in the RIm and I'll be right in the middle. Saturday p.m. probably out at my aunts in the woods close to a cornfield, hoping to intercept them as they come out of bedding cover, trough the woods, and out to the corn. Havent seen a deer in a beanfield for quite a while, the beans (and corn) are starting to turn color now so I'm hoping they're using the cornfield there. Havent hunted that particular piece for a few years now so I'm excited to get out there. Sunday if I go out in the a.m. probably out on a wooded point that juts out into the big swamp in the middle of the section or maybe the RIM land again, but a different spot. Not sure if I'll get out Sunday p.m..

I'll be hunting in a big oak tree this opener as this year the farmer planted corn rather than the alfalfa and soybeans that were in the field next to the woods I hunt. And the acorns are dropping real good now, and the corn is just turning yellow now especially now after a frost! grin

Saturday I have my Police Skills course in Jordan but Im dropping off my brother in the louisville swamp area see if he gets lucky. Saturday is back home watching the mayweather fight and sunday we are still undecided of where to go we dont know if we should go to WHITEWATER WMA or MYSTERY CAVE STATE PARK we have never been to any of these two places and the reason we are trying to go to either of these places is that we just want to experience a new place. I hope we see at least a doe. Any ideas?

[email protected]