• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Electronic Cigarettes.. Anyone have experience with them?

itchmesir

Have any smokers or former smokers here that have tried this out? After many previous attempts at quitting I figured I might try something other than cold turkey.. im more addicted to the routine than the nicotine when it all boils down to it... So i've decided to order a Blu and give it a try.. looks like a cig..drag like a cig.. minus the 100's of carcinogens from combusted organic/non-organic materials... One more addition to making my lungs combustion free hopefully..

if no one has tried any e-cigs out yet.. i'll be sure to reply with a review as soon as i get it and have tested it out for awhile

Dayumm if the Ecigs haven't been a godsend to my wife. She was a 40-year smoker before she found them, and had tried to quit gazillions of times.

It's been almost 2 years since she went on the Ecig and abandoned cigarettes. She's completely off the nicotine cartridges, and basically just puffs on the Ecig a few times a day to get the throat hit that smokers crave.

Smells like vanilla when she exhales on the Ecig, too. And ya know something else? Her husband doesn't mind a bit! gringrin

I've tried an Ecig, and didn't think much of it. I roll my own cigs now using a machine. I can do a pack in about 4 minutes, and the cost is 25% of buying a pack. The tobacco is a lot cleaner and missing the majority of the crp that is put in to the packaged smokes. The reduction of extra junk in the tobacco is ever noticable through smoothness and taste(haven't caughed since i started rollng my own). Basically i'm saving $120 a month by rolling my own, and i'm using the expensive tobacco. Tobacco is called "the good stuff", i use "Top" filters and a "Top-o-matic" roller. Investment of the roller paid off in the first two weeks.

I hope your able to ween your self off using e-cigs, but another healthier alternative is rolling your own and eliminating all the extra junk that companies put in their packs. I don't feel like quitting right now so this is the best method for me to save some $$.

The guys trying to quit, not looking for another tobacco source.

Thats why i said i wished him luck weening off using e-cigs, and offered him a cheaper solution if he is not able to stop but wants a healtheir cig until he is able to quit.

So Sorry for offending you! Quit wish'n and Go Fish'n!

One good thing about the Ecig is you can get different levels of nicotine in the inserts. I believe it's high, medium, low and zero nicotine. Lets a person come down off the nicotine gradually. A lot of smokers have actually been surprised how easy it is to quit while using this system. They figured their primary addiction was nicotine, when it was more about other things.

That was true in my wife's case, but we've talked to others who had the same thing happen to them. Because she's sucking in water vapor, she still gets the throat hit and exhales what looks like smoke but isn't. The darn tip of the thing even glows orange when she takes a drag. And no nicotine. smile

At any rate, best of luck with the quitting! smile

I vape ecigs and love it. It keeps me off the real cigs (most of the time..... still have one here and there when I've been drinking with smokers.... they taste like absolute dog dookie though).

Don't waste your money on the Blu, or any thing like that. There is a learning curve with these things and you can blow lots of money on junk before you find something that works best for you. There is a HSOforum out there dedicated to sharing info about e-cigs. I'd suggest you search for that and dive into the madness that is vaping! smile I wish I could link you too it, but no can do w/ HSO policy. Google ECF and you're on the right track! wink

Lot's of good juices out there and lot's of bad juices out there. Tasty Vapor is the best supplier, hands down. I love my 650mah batteries with Boge 510, 2.0ohm cartomizers and various desert flavors from the aforementioned supplier.

It's pretty intense diving into it with all the jargon, but stick with it. You'll dial it in in no time and be very glad you did!

I'm also a member of ECF and thanks to that forum, I've been happily vaping for 1 1/2 years now. It sure beats going outside in -20 weather to puff on something that doesn't even taste good.

I was rolling my own cigs, so money wasn't the issue for me. Smoking had actually turned into a major inconvenience. I also no longer have ashes blowing in the window while driving down the highway, or wondering where that lit cigarette ended up in the car.

There are quite a few good e-liquid vendors out there, and my fave hands down is Freedom Smoke USA. I will not buy juice that is imported from China, but many do and don't mind. It actually took me about a year to finally find a juice that I could handle vaping all day and day after day. It takes a lot of trial and error because there are literally hundreds of flavors to choose from. You can also choose nicotine levels at 6, 11, 16, 24, and 36 miligrams. If you check out the forum, you'll find there is so much info and so many options, it will boggle your mind. But, this is something I would never buy from a big box store. If you do, you'll get discouraged and give it up. Just like everything else, there is good quality and there is poor quality.

I wish you the best of luck.

I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker, I had the want to quit, just not the willpower. Back in early 1997 my mom was diagnosed with cancer, and it was not easy for me to see the cancer eat her apart. She lived a miserable 9 more months, I moved back in with her, to help take care of her, and help with house bills. After seeing her suffer from what cigarettes do to a person, I had to quit. I didnt want to go through that ever, nor did I want anyone else have to take care of me, because of cancer, when it can be avoided by quitting smoking. I smoked my last cigarette Christmas day 1997, about one month after my mom died from cancer.

It was a little tough at first to quit, but I had all the recent images in my head of what smoking can do, and I was determined no matter what I would never pick up another smoke, and I havent either. It was one of the best things I have ever done! I took the money I saved from smoking (about $200 a month) and I dedicated that money to buying myself something nice. I bought a new boat, a new truck, and many other things along the way. I no longer have the $200 dedicated funds to myself, I have 2 teenager kids that always seem to have something they need more then I do.

Back in 97 they didnt have much for aid to help you quit, other then some bad tasting gum, or a patch that made you feel sick. My aid was the pain and suffering my mother did, it worked better then any substitue on the market today. Although I wish they had ecigs, and some of the other stuff they do today. Cold turkey was hard, but it had to be done!

Scott, I'm sorry for your wake up call to have to come in this way. I'm glad your kids won't have to go thru what you did. Cigarettes can kill. However, I think they affect everyone differently. Although I smoked for 40 years, I never developed a cough or any other problem, but I've learned there are over 4000 dangerous chemicals in the tobacco. That's the nice thing about e-cigs. The only ingredient associated with smoking is nicotine. Nicotine in itself is totally harmless unless ingested in it's pure form. Even tomatoes have nicotine as do other foods we eat. The only other ingredients in e juice is propylene glycol, which can be foud in toothpaste, vegetable glycerin and flavoring.

Cold Turkey, Gum, patches, e cigs, whatever it takes. I used the patch back in 97. There is definitely more than just the nicotine addiction to deal with here and if you can break it into smaller pieces to make it easier to quit so be it. 5 or 6 weeks of the patch turned into over 14 years of no smoking so far for me. I feel better now at 54 for than I did at 40 when I quit. You don't realize the toll those things take on you and your body.

I used gum and Zyban to help me quit but I really believe the Zyban helped the most. I quit July 5,1999 and have been nicotine free ever since. I quit the gum the same day. I just think of just how much money I have saved since then. At the time smokes were $2.00 a pack and now they are pushing $5.00.

Excellent thread guys. Its helping me, a smoker that wants to quit...

I tried zyban 5 years ago, gave in. Patch, nadda, ehhh kinda, bu it was the 'motion' that drew me back.

I'll try the vapor thing. At 35 years young, with 2 kids, and been smoking for 20 years, I need to break the habit and be around for my kiddos a few extra years. wink

Something to consider is creating a 2 part list. One side all the reasons why you want to quit, the other side why you want to continue smoking. Keep it with and read it a couple times a day or if you are in the process of quitting read it every time it sounds like a good idea to have a cigarette.

Ordering an Ecig system online can be a real carpshoot. Don't recall which system my wife uses (she went through two or three before settling on one she liked), but we've had really good luck getting supplies from the dedicated smoking/tobacco shops when we travel to larger cities than Ely.

Now she spends a fair amount of time making sure she brings along the cigarette charger when we travel. Instead of losing her lighter, now it's losing the charger or the cig itself. gringringrin

Ordering an Ecig system online can be a real carpshoot. Don't recall which system my wife uses (she went through two or three before settling on one she liked), but we've had really good luck getting supplies from the dedicated smoking/tobacco shops when we travel to larger cities than Ely.

Now she spends a fair amount of time making sure she brings along the cigarette charger when we travel. Instead of losing her lighter, now it's losing the charger or the cig itself. gringringrin

grincoollaugh

Better to have a dependence on something like that, than cigarettes.

This is a subject that can be flogged into the ground. So let me flog just a bit. Forty years high pressure stuff with 2-3 packs of Pall Malls a day....sometimes MORE! Knew it was time. Gum. Gritting of teeth. Walking.Gum for more than a year. All doc friends said "gum is better than what you WERE doing; don't worry about it." Finally off the gum. Felt better in a few weeks. Better in a few months. Three years later had routine chest xray and neither I nor doc could believe changes in my lungs.

Research will tell you that nicotine addiction is perhaps the most EVIL of all of them. The knowledge that corporations knowingly boost it to keep you hooked should make you mad enough to tell them where to shove their product by QUITTNG it.

You want revenge......quit. Because you're smarter now than you used to be.

Alive,breathing, walking,chasing the dogs, smelling and tasting again and my clothes don't stink. But boy can I smell a smoker coming down the street now. You guys STINK!

You can do it.