• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ready for opener!!

Abndoc

Went out this weekend, pulled chips for the last time...all my bucks have disappeared. Hung 3 stands, while hanging one, and trimming branches, I had a doe and fawn walk right underneath me, not a care in the world I was up there. They gave me one look and kept walking out into the bean field. Mosquitos were a non-issue yesterday. nice temps, cool breeze, seeing deer all over yesterday, and found 3 new rubs..my bow is fixed and dialed in. oh the itch is getting bad!!

Totally agreed! I have had my stands set up since fishing opener. Only been in the woods twice since then and am very confident in my setup. Went through all my gear yesterday so I can make a final trip to cabelas to get a few last minute things. The itch has been bad for me since December 31st. Cannot wait to climb up that tree! 11 days!!!!

Oh I am ready baby!!! Got that last weekend of summer out of the way and it will not soon be missed, I am ready for the fall!

Lots of patterns changing this time of year, acorns are raining down and the bucks can be fairly unpredictable. I will be working hard over the next couple of weeks to find a nice buck to hunt on opener. Lots of options this time of year.

I am slowly easing into the hunting mode. It is a long season and I am constanly moving stands around. I have been shooting 3-5 times/week since the end of July, have my early season clothes hanging outside, have stands ready. I need to buy my liscense yet and then I am ready to go.....

I made a 150 mile detour to Fillmore County today to finish getting my stands ready for bow season...and did a little trout fishing along the way. laugh

Everything looks ready now--I hope to get up there and hunt a couple times before shotgun season. Last year was the first time I bow-hunted since 1999, and even though I only got out twice and never had to worry about pulling the string, I saw deer on both outings and remembered why bow-hunting is fun. Three or four mornings and evenings in a stand is completely worth the cost of a license.

Received a new climber and have been climbing 3-4 trees a few times a week and taking shots from different positions. I tend to enjoy my outings more if I am comfortable with my stand and confident in my ability. Great time of year. The anticipation is killing me.

Stands are up, checked my chip last night had a 9pt with a tip to tip around 20" so that's awesome, deer are coming into my acorn salt blocks and mainly "the crush" sugar beat block including the 9pt so I'm ready to go can't the season get here already I think my wife has the itch even more than I do, her first year this year, she's got the itch so bad she went and bought her own monster bucks dvd no joke!! Only 8 days!