• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

favorite walleye tip...

how about: your fishin buddy challenges you,

"OK genius, what kinda new gadget do I need to by this year"

like the trolling motor, the graph etc still doesn't catch any fish

maybe aquaview this year

you can not catch walleyes while in a forum, talking about how to catch walleyes

------------------
I'd rather be fishing and think about church, than be at church and thinking about fishing!

Years back, when my boys were young, one of them was going to environmental camp for a week. Naturally, half the stuff he packed was for fishing. While boarding the bus, parents were hugging kids and giving them all kinds of advice. Not to feel left out, I told my son,Travis,(louder than necessary)" Son, never draw to an inside straight, and life is too short to dance with skinny girls." Some of the parents didn't see the humor in it. I try not to give too much advice anymore.

If your line stays in the water, you'll catch more fish...

------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details
If we have to explain, you probably wouldn't get it.

The same old ones my Grandpa used to say if we happened to find a good spot, which was tough with him, because 5 minutes without a fish meant it was time to move (& they say kids are the impatient ones):

1. mark the side of the boat so we know where we are
2. spit on the water to mark the spot

Seriously one of the best tips I ever heard & it might have a been a Linder one, was "Don't leave your head at the dock." It's hard to really put that into play sometimes, but sometimes if you keep really thinking when you can't seem to figure the fish out, the answer will come to you.

For a serious one, this is from a Walleye Insider article on spinners..

Keep it simple, Keep it clean, Keep it moving.

(And I'll add Keep it in the water just for fun)

------------------
Fishin' is life
The rest is just details