• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bowfishing!

Scoot

I finally made it out with my brother and our buddy, Mitch, to chase some carp with stick and string. We left early Sat morning and had to be back to Fargo before noon, so it'd be a short trip. Conditions weren't exactly ideal, but we made the best of it.

Here's Rod and Mitch up on the shooting platform that they made for doing this.

RodnMitch.jpg

Looking...

Looking.jpg

We struggled to find fish, but we did see plenty of cool stuff..

Geese.jpg

Loon.jpg

We finally found more fish. Here's Mitch reeling in after missing one going mach 3 through the shallows.

Missed.jpg

After many misses, some of which were not even remotely close, I finally scored on a 2 1/2 lb sucker! I couldn't hit a 20 lb carp, but I somehow managed to connect on a sucker.

Score.jpg

Here's the final take for the day.

Catch.jpg

It was tougher going than Rod and Mitch are used to, but still was a ton of fun! Thanks for letting me join in with you fellas!

For anyone looking to use their bow more, this is a great way to get your bow in your hands in the off season.

It's going to be a good year with all this rain alot of the creeks are flooded and thats when I get the most shooting. I'm going to try and make it out at night a few times just haveing a hard time talking myself into useing the nice creastliner with tan carpet getting it bloody and slimey.

Good story and pics scoot, I saw a few guys out yesterday shooting their bows off a bridge. I have never tried this but I will put it on my to do list, if a bow is involved how can it not be fun.

Good post Scoot!

Yeah, carpin is a blast. We used to do that quite a bit but I always had a hard time with doing something with them afterward. A couple guys can stack up some serious weight in a hurry on a good day. cool

But when my dog started digging up the ones chosen for garden fertilizer that were buried 3 feet deep, then rolling in them to her hearts content, I stopped. sick

I wish I had time to smoke and eat em all. They're tasty when their done right!

But when my dog started digging up the ones chosen for garden fertilizer that were buried 3 feet deep, then rolling in them to her hearts content, I stopped. sick

I wish I had time to smoke and eat em all. They're tasty when their done right!

Sure, its always the Neighbors fault. wink Mabe the owner of the dog should keep them home. (J/K) For the record that was the best rubarb patch I have ever had.

I put two big females and 4 male "frames" and trimmings in the ground tonight. Should turn out to be a good cucumber patch. Now I need to track down 3 or 4 for the 'maters. I just hope they are deep enough that the coyotes dont dig them up. I did cover them in firepit ash, so that should keep the stink to a minimum.

Back to the frames.... cold, clean flood water = nice clean fish. Lets just say the process has begun... should be smoking this weekend, whitefish too. Lots of "red meat" and even some fat that had to get trimmed off, but as we all know it is worth the effort for clean fillets, and fish candy. Lot of effort for a guy who dont eat fish... frown