• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

America's Toughest Truck!!

DTro

Watched this the other night and really enjoyed it. Basically they could only spend 3k and it had to have over 150k miles. 1 Ford 1 Dodge and 1 Chevy. They purchased all trucks sight unseen and put them up to an Alaskan challenge.

Surprised to find the entire episode on YT Part 1,2,and 3. I won't spoil the outcome for those that want to watch.

Saw that the other night Awesome episode. First time I watched the Top Gear show, great show. Another episode to watch is the one with the Ford Raptore outrageous what that truck can do. Top gear show just had their season finally last night where they review the cars and trucks through the season. Have not watched it yet but syked to see it.

I watched that too the other night. Pretty funny.

The original Top Gear on BBC is much better and this is the American copy cat version. It's OK, but the three English guys just have that character that makes the show. Those Brits crack me up and their car challenges are pretty cool too. I just can't get into these three guys....they are kinda duds compared to the guys on the BBC version.

Actually Duff, if the trucks broke down they had to ride in the Import of Shame (Toyota). grin

I know, I know, who am I kidding? Like you would be able to find a Tundra for less than $3,000. laugh Not to mention, isn't 150,000 miles just the break-in period on that yoda engine?? smilewink

OK, finally got around to watching it.

The original Top Gear on BBC is much better and this is the American copy cat version. It's OK, but the three English guys just have that character that makes the show. Those Brits crack me up and their car challenges are pretty cool too. I just can't get into these three guys....they are kinda duds compared to the guys on the BBC version.

Yep, this was my first time watching our stab at it, the Brits have way better chemistry going on inbetween them. And let's be honest, jokes are funnier with a British accent. smile

Not really a fair comparison, all the trucks were moded out including the snorkeled Hilux.

Entertaining though, the "Jihadi Favorite" got a big laugh out of me.

This my friends, is a tough truck..... wink

(I had a red rusty one just like it) (Sold it to some folks who drove it to Guatemala) cool

My most fave vehicle ever was an 87 toyota 4 runner that could 4x4 through anything. If it wasnt for the tranny eventually dying I would still be driving it. smile Back when SUVs were SUVs and not Luxury Utility Vechiles that they pass for nowa days.

I've seen a number of the BBC version's episodes, and it is a very enjoyable show if you're into a quirky show about vehicles. I haven't seen the 'merican vesion yet, but the ads didn't do much for me; too much machismo and over-compensation.

I didn't like the American version either, the BBC is way more entertaining in my book. The guys in the american one just aren't very charismatic to me. When Leno retired from the tonight show that first time, he should have become the main host, ala Jeremy Clarkson in the British version.

Everyone hates on the American version. From the episode that I saw it wasnt quite as good as the British version, but have you guys seen the original episodes of the BBC version? It doesnt show any chemistry in the slightest. That came over time. It is one of my favorite shows. If you have Netflix and can access the watch instantly feature, you can watch a lot of the episodes immediately.

The American version is fun. Give it time, if it doesnt get canceled it has quite a bit of potential.