• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Luminocks? Any experience? Good? Bad?

Finlander

I thought they shot fine. I had trouble with it not always lighting up when I shot. I have one somewhere, but haven't used it for years. I shot one deer with it. It was nice I saw the light go through her, but it went out when it hit the ground & it was dusky enough with the angle I couldn't see my arrow in the ground & was questioning my shot, which was perfect.

In the same token wish I'd have had one 10 days ago, would have known a little more about a hit that apparently wasn't as good as I thought...

I don't have lumenoks but did try the tracer nocks. They never did light up while shooting animals and only half the time on targets. I have another kind now with a fishing bobber battery but I can not remember the name. So far they have activated everytime and fly to the same point.

I've shot the luminok for awhile but this year I switched to nockturnal, I like that they have a switch in them, you don't have to pull the nock out to reset it, lots of shots downrage so far and it hasn't failed once. The other nice thing is if you buy the three pack they are only 8 bucks a piece. Just my two cents

I have used them for about 4 years I believe. At first I did have a hard time getting them to light up every shot. Then I learned to just turn the knock just a bit until it went off.

After that, it lights up every time. Get for seeing where exactly you hit a deer in low light conditions. Also easy to recover your arrow with the light on.

i have too been shooting them for years even with just a slight adjustment or twist they will work sometimes not every time. Plus I have been out and about days after my last hunt and noticed that they are on and battery almost worn down. May look into the nocturnal's as I've heard better comments or more dependable product...02.

mr

How hard are they to put on? I don't know anything about building arrows. Are the regular nocks usually glued in and if so how do you remove them? I would like to try the lumenocks.

Most nocks these days just press into the shaft. No glue required.