• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Views from the stand

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the funnel facing north. Swamp is behind the trees. 6 pt made a scrape at 12 yards, middle of picture.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDAtMjAxMDEwMjQtMDgyMy5qcG

Facing east, corner of corn field. Lots of scrapes along the edge.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDEtMjAxMDEwMjQtMDgyMy5qcG

Facing south

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDMtMjAxMDEwMjQtMDgyNC5qcG

Facing west

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDItMjAxMDEwMjQtMDgyMy5qcG

Okay this is my second Twin Cities stand. I've shot my last two big bucks out of this stand, one with an 18 inch inside spread and the other had a 21.

View to the West:

IMAG0025.jpg

View to the North, this is where the buck in my avatar was standing at 22 yards:

IMAG0024.jpg

View to the East, where I shot the 18 inch spread at 15 yards:

IMAG0023.jpg

Here are some pic's from last saturday morning! Hunting next to a small creek!

First picture was the first of 19 deer that showed up in the alfalfa field looking from my ground blind!

And the last picture is what the deer see when they look up at me!full-983-2817-pa300477.jpg

full-983-2818-pa300478.jpg

full-983-2819-pa300479.jpg

full-983-2820-pa300480.jpg

full-983-2821-pa300481.jpg

full-983-2822-pa300485.jpg

full-983-2823-pa300486.jpg

I'm 4th generation hunting on this property and the first to actually see a bear. It's not a area where bear are common near Staples, MN.

Jacob I am not to far away (Brainerd Area) but I can tell you there are a few bears in the area, its just that people never see them. I seem to bump one every other bow season.

This is from a stand I call old faithful. The creek forces a natural funnel here. This stand has produced many deer sighting for many years.

IMAG0050.jpg

A different stand in the same woods. It's a nice morning stand:

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

Cool sunrise on Nov 1st from the stand:

IMAG0039.jpg

I was waiting for some snow pics! My digital was dead so I brought the video cam up with me Sun morning but the wind/snow wouldn't let up and I didn't want to get any moisture in it. It was a winter wonderland with all the white stuck to the trees. Beautiful.

Here's a couple of pics from stands I hunt.

The first pic is a morning pic looking to the east. Only saw a small doe fawn that morning, but she fed around the base of my tree for 15 minutes.

bow1.png

The second pic is where I ended up shooting a 5 ptr on the morning of 11-05-10. My first a.m. bow kill and my first bow kill using doe decoy, that was standing in the green spot, facing away from me at 21 yds.

bow2r.jpg

Brian