• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Concerned Yet?

pike doctor

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Gardy is a great coach but why does he leave pitchers in that are having a hard time? Seems it happens so much.

I knew Frankie was in trouble but as always, Gardy left him in and the Twins got fried.

We did have a shot with a few more hits in the 6th.

Casilla has had a number of clutch hits in his career including Saturday afternoon with the bases loaded... not to mention game 163. Hardy on the other hand... not so many clutch hits that I can recall. Why did Gardy leave Hardy in with the bases loaded? Worst thing that happens is Casilla does the same as Hardy and is a better defensive backup but I think Casilla is a gamer and rises to the occasion... IMO.

I don't know who Gardy would have put in to stop the Yanks, but one could see that Frankie was having a hard time and one also knew that more hits were coming.

Man, we had a great game going and one has to try and do something. I would have put Cassila in to bat for JJ as I believe Cassila does pretty good against CC.

I would have to look it up but I though the announcers said last night that Cassila has done very well in the past against him.

It's also pretty easy to coach from a computer I guess.

I don't think lariano should ever pitch in the 6th inning. When i turned the game back on and saw lariano was still pitching in the 6th, i looked at my roommate and said "Oh boy...Look Out!" I was very impressed with him the first 5 innings, but why do we leave him in until he loads the bases?

If Granderson was a right hander, Liriano never would have pitched to him. My only issue with the entire thing is IF you were going to take him out if Granderson got a hit, you might as well take him out before that....

I was also surprised to see him go to Mijares in that situation. I understand him wanting Fuentes for the 8th, but as good as he is against lefties, he was the perfect guy to pitch to Granderson.

Either way, if he pulls Liriano and someone else gives up a big hit, we would be asking "why the heck did he pull Liriano so early"..... and the roller coaster continues.

Gotta have tonight to make a series of it!

Just for me there's little doubt he should've come out, nearing 100 pitches, we all know the 3rd time through the line-up can be tough at any level and him striking out gardner i believe to start the 6th gave Gardy some faith that he could get through the 6th. We had a fully healthy and rested bullpen, but that 3rd time through the order plus all you need to do is get that man on base, put the wore down pitcher in the stretch losing 2-4 MPH on the heater, all of a sudden that heater loses it's tailing effect and unless they hit at em balls trouble can begin to brew. Also you can start to miss location when wore down a bit, concern about the runner(s) on base and those knee high heaters are all of a sudden thigh high or belt.

Still though, it certainly could've worked out and Crain had a good 2nd half of the year, but don't we all have a touch of doubt about the guy yet. If he overthrows his slider it only takes 1 pitch to dig in for that straight 94mph heater as you eliminate seeing that slider again. It's what makes Mo Rivera so impressive, everyone knows he's a 1 pitch pitcher, the cutter and people rarely still square it up.

If Granderson was a right hander, Liriano never would have pitched to him. My only issue with the entire thing is IF you were going to take him out if Granderson got a hit, you might as well take him out before that....

I was also surprised to see him go to Mijares in that situation. I understand him wanting Fuentes for the 8th, but as good as he is against lefties, he was the perfect guy to pitch to Granderson.

Either way, if he pulls Liriano and someone else gives up a big hit, we would be asking "why the heck did he pull Liriano so early"..... and the roller coaster continues.

Gotta have tonight to make a series of it!

I would not have asked why as Liriano has done this to many times this season. He can go about 5 and then he struggles. I would have taken Franky out before Granderson came to bat.

Hopefully Pavano can quiet the Yanks bats tonight and we can get ours clicking.

I know I am dreaming but I would like to see the Twimns win one and not get swept.

After 9 more innings the boys can be back to hunt ducks and geese till dark on Sunday night or opt for a bow stand. Of course someone stands up for the yankee's, we see it often, it was Lance Berkman's turn last night, it often times isn't the obvious player that is a playoff hero.

My gut feeling is we will win game 3 though. Man Minnesota sports are such a battle. When we watch and listen to 162 game + season and have for so many years, you know what I'm saying, we'll always be a dog(underdog) and we miss that 1987 and 1991 feeling !