• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Reports

Anoka county. Kicked out a huge number of mallards going in . Five hundred ? Eight hundred ? Just a continuous roar for minutes as they got out of rice. Saw a flock of 3 and a flock of 5 after sunrise. Probably could have taken one of the 3 but did not shoot. Did not wanna risk losing the bird in the bog. Never shouldered up our guns. Did not hear much shooting either.

Saw a couple flocks of +/- 50 snows today, a handful of lessers and a few thousand cranes today. Looks like a few non-local ducks but not many. Only a couple divers around and I'm pretty sure they were mostly locals. Knocked down a beautiful can, my first one, and it dove when it hit the water, never to be seen again. I almost cried!!!

Very cool photos Todd! I am hunting a couple hours north of Winnipeg. We just got up here yesterday and did not hunt but did a little scouting. We are seeing a lot of birds but a bit disappointed that the coots and teal are still abundant indicating to me the push has not really started yet. Normally this time of year they get a lot of the big northern mallards but it seems still lot of local birds this year. I will update tonight on what we see.

Good Hunting!

10/13/13 Hutchinson Area

Great weekend of duck hunting. The gusty west wind on Saturday blew ducks in from the Dakotas, as did the cold Saturday night and Sunday morning. We had ducks arriving all day on Saturday and all morning on Sunday. We harvested ducks of eleven different species between the two days including mallards, pintails, gadwalls, wigeon, wood ducks, shovelers, bluewing teal, greenwing teal, ringnecks, redheads, and canvasbacks. Also saw a couple large groups of bluebills on Sunday. Not many geese moving around, but with all the ducks, who cares? Couple photos are below. Weather forecast for the week should have more new birds moving in the latter half of the week and over the weekend.

full-29555-37931-dscn0225_083.jpg

full-29555-37932-dscn0233_084.jpg