• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow stand log

Archerysniper

We have about 6-8 inches of snow on the ground and wind around 15-20 all day today. I went and sat with my daughter in the ground blind this a.m. and no deer. Took a walk around the edges of the property early afternoon and no tracks anywhere. Sat last night prior to the storm and didn't see anything last night either. Gonna give it another go in the a.m. with my daughter again and see if we can't get her a deer.

Tunrevir~

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely beautiful outside this morning; 2-3" now, seems to be stopping. Sat for an hour, nothing to report except rabbits and squirrels, had one track through the property during the night. Cleared shooting lanes yesterday in anticipation of another month of bowhunting. Good luck.

Friday night I was out in WI, no snow flying, bumped a couple out of their beds and that was it. Nothing moving through the river valley we hunted.

Got a good 2" over night and it was coming down hard, went out anyway, no tracks, nothing moving. Left stand after an hour and a half and headed home. Took 3x as long to get home, vehicles in the ditch everywhere. Saw one car almost in a lake, I think one tire made it in.

Beautiful weekend up north. Light flurries most of the day Sat and it finally starting sticking around 3pm. Saw a forky at 8:50am and watched a fisher that evening for about 10 minutes. That was it for me. Does & fawns for the other guys. One got added to the cooler. 3-4" of wet snow by Sun morning.

My dad, brother, and I sat out yesterday afternoon. I saw one ? adult sized deer when I was climbing out of the ground blind.

My dad saw a pair of fawns and a doe w/ a fawn. My brother had the same doe and fawn walk by at 10 yds. He elected to pass on the shot as he doesn't like shooting a doe that has a fawn with it.

I'm working the next 7 days, so I'm not sure if I'll get out or not. If I do, it will be some mid-day sitting.

Lots of tracks on our 2 food plots, probably should have been out yesterday morning.

Brian

I made it out Bow hunting both Saturday and Sunday all day sits, (keep in mind that my stand faces N/NE and is a portable). It was awesome in the woods I saw a total of 12 deer on Saturday and 16 on Sunday. I drew back on a 6 pointer on Saturday morning but had my arrow fall of the rest, by the time I got it back on he saw my draw again (he's was at 15 yards). Sucks because he's the first buck I've seen this year, I also drew on a mature doe but se picked me off also. I'm going to move my stand to a different tree, seems like they know I'm up there even when I don't move.

Was out Friday at Murphy and saw some nice deer. Messed up on a nice little buck when he surprised me because I was still on ground, 15yds away and when I went to pull back, my arrow feel off the rest, dang. Time to look at one of those whisker basket things.

I sat from 2 till dark last night on my bowstand with the bow and didn't see a single deer nor any tracks in the snow. I did see 2 flocks of turkeys though. One with 20+ birds and another with 18 while on stand so that was cool. I did hear 2 shots to my north between 430 and 445 but that was it where I was at.

Tunrevir~

Back in the stand tonight with the Bow, no deer seen. Thinking the next deer is getting an arrow flung at it, not going to wait for the big guy anymore.

Ice fishing is just around the corner.

Hoping the wife can stick one yet, but she is getting pretty frustrated.

I keep encouraging her by telling her she has seen 5 pretty nice bucks this year, I have only seen 1 spike all year. I took my doe early and she has not been able to close the deal.