• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Swamp People

LMITOUT

Tommy has to be acting the dork on purpose for television? I mean, 20 years in the boat with the other guy and he is as inept as he seems to be? It isn't rocket science what they are doing! One week, going out everyday with an old pro,should be plenty of time to grasp the basics. Maybe the dude tips to many, or gets a little to close to the pipe?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That crummy little boat he was using would have sunk if he had gotten a big gator...and who would venture way back in a swamp with a shoddy motor? Made for T.V. reality. I still like the show though...I try not to miss it.

That didn't look real appetizing to me? I think they said they boiled it for 20 minutes....I'm thinkin I would want the squirrels cooked a little longer then that? Survival food.

Those two, although pretty rough hewn, look a bit to healthy to be gettin by on eating a little plate full of the stuff they eat? Me thinks that they suppliment it with frequent side trips to the local grocery....when they make their beer runs! That doesn't make for interesting television though.

Terral isn't all that interesting...just about fall asleep listening to him talk...wouldn't tell him that though!

I think they could incorporate a little more of Bruce and his boat making brother into the program? Maybe their business success makes the others look a little to raw? Whatever, I think it would be interesting to run that line a little further?

I don't know? Did you realize that none of the people in that series changes their clothes? They prolly shot the whole works in a day or two's shoot and then edit stuff in and out? If you watch closely, you can see alot of mistakes and alot of the same stuff presented in a different way. I still like it though and I'll watch it until it's over.

I havent seen the latest episode yet, but Glenn and Mitchell both actually have 'real' jobs at Alexander Concrete Products.....Glenn is actually a shift manager......I can only imagine the people who work under him.

so I think theyre probably eating alot more Burger King than 'porch squirrel' but who knows. Theyre sure entertaining to watch!

I don't think I would have been going into that water to get that rusty old rifle? "Hey, if it's your granddads and an heirloom, what is it doing out here in the swamp? It should be on the mantle somewhere?....The gun is right about there....go ahead on, jump on in and get it....Gramps will luv ya...I'll stay here in the boat and watch for gators....like that 10 footer right over there, swimming this way! ya best hurry, wouldn't want to disappoint gramps!"

I have seen the same scenes in many different shows also. It sounds like they add in alot of voice over to filming after it's shot. I would like to see what the brother's do for money. That squirrel & dumplin's looked good. Good to see Joe & Tommy together again. Tommy needs to stay on track and get up early to get the job done. Would like to see other shows of this type of people in different parts of the U.S. A Minnesota hunter, trapper, bait dealer, would be good. Some of us up north eat, drink, and get by on wild game and wild veggies, gardens, etc.

I just started watching it this weekend during a marathon.

One thing that I saw immediately was a shot where Tommy was going to snipe a gator from 100 yards. When the camera was on his left side it had a wood stock but when the camera went to his right side it was a synthetic. Either there was a bit of editing funny business or he bought the victor/victoria of the gun world.

Another thing that I found amusing was that Liz bears some resemblance and dresses similar to Terri Irwin of the crocodile hunter ( But older). I just picture Liz and Terri on an episode of Trading Spouses lol.

I love the two old twins who hunt squirrels, frogs, etc. I can see their trips to the grocery store, their cart would be full of ammo to shoot whatever it is they're going to eat for the week.

Great show. Everyone on the show has great work ethic and they're all part of very close knit families.

The dude with the tight Under Armor shirt and 3' braided pony tail is kind of tool, but I like everyone else.

I didn't like him and his kid at first, but after a bit, I thought they were 'aw-ite'. Did you notice that they are situated quite aways away from the others and they seem to consistantly get smaller gators?

One thing, at least J. Paul has the same chrome plated gun all the time....it doesn't switch off within the same catch. With the others, the camera may show 2-3 different guns on one gator? They hast ta do some better editing. I still like it though and will be looking to see what they come up with next year, if they bring it back?

Did you notice that they are situated quite aways away from the others and they seem to consistantly get smaller gators?

I'm pretty sure that for gators, per square foot, the leather off of 6-7 footers is more valuable than the leather off of big dominant males. It certainly is true for farmed saltwater crocodiles.

I wonder if that comes in to play at all.

You would think so? But they are always out to get those whoppers and seem really happy when they do get em. I think I heard on one of the episodes that they get paid by the foot and they get a premium for those really big gators.

If someone here makes it down to meet them, I'd love to hear what theyre like in person. Give us a report please!

I saw them at the GM in Lakeville today. Troy and Jacob walked right by me on their way into the store. OMG! Just kidding...

There was 4x the line for for swamp people autographs than for Tony Oliva and Carl Parvana (sp?).

It would have been fun to get an autograph and say "hi", but the line was way too long.

Troy loooked pretty nervous on the way in. Jacob looked fine. It has to be quite a change for guys from a small town to become celebrities.