• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2nd Marriage..ideas

:)Hello all... earlier this month I got engaged to a wonderful fishen man... eek we are looking for ideas on having our wedding simple and very inexpensive. What ideas do you all have for us... we are looking for a fish theme maybe doing the ceremony and reception in the same ballroom....

Thank you.

Big congrats, basslady, to you and your man both! smilesmile

I've photographed several fishing-themed weddings, and the possibilities really are endless. Often the cake has a fishing type decoration, and one actually had a bunch of frosting lures on it. The groomsmen can pick up trout fishing vests for their tuxes, for example, or just to wear if tuxes aren't part of your plan. Pictures can be a lot of fun, too. You can photograph the groom trying to run away, but with a Dardevle stuck in the back of his collar and you on the other end of the rod, you are reeling him back in.

well that fool me once dont go for me, i love people from texas, but i got married again to a wonderful woman. that was 18 years ago and i asked her on our 2nd date and were married within 4 month. so far we have never had a argument honestly and every day is like the first day i met her. so it can happen and it did. i was blessed i know. good luck.

My 2nd wife and i were married on Palisade Head...200 ft. cliff overlooking lake Superior, a few miles north of Silver Bay. Reception was at Split Rock lighthouse (I think that actually cost us 20 bucks!) Super cheap wedding, and 20 years later it brings back a ton of great memories....:)

Congrats!

Carol and i got married last march. ( the second time for both of us. she lost her husband a few years ago, and i was divorced in 94)

We wanted a fishng theme also. In her looking for ideas, she ran across these balsa wood canoes. Prices ranged from $2-$5 depending on size. These i sprayed with a sealant so they could be kept clean easier. She also found some fish Christmas decorations that we used on the tables.

Our theme/special picture was a blow up from a very old picture/card of a woman standing over a guy fishing with the caption "I Finally Caught You" grin

The meal we did ourselves.( with the help from her daughter and daughter-in-law) We figured it worked out to about one third the cost of having it catered. For cakes we did a small two tiered wedding cake with sheet cakes. Hope this gives you some ideas. Del

One of the coolest things I've seen at a wedding (memory triggered by delmuts' post) was the bride, groom and wedding party serving the food at the reception. It was their great way of saying thank you to all the guests for coming out and celebrating with them and supporting them.

It went hand in hand with the pastor's message, who stressed how important it is for all friends and family to actively help the new couple through coming hard times, just as they share the joy when things are going well. If it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a network of friends and family to help a marriage. That sort of thing.

Nothing to do with fishing, but a mighty impressive and sensitive gesture. smile

We attended a wedding (Friend of my wife) in Itasca State Park about 10+/- years ago. I thought at the time it was really cool, we still talk about it when we visit Itasca. Outside weddings need to have a back up weather plan though...

A really cool thing that my mom organized for my wedding was as my wife and I entered the reception hall we were greated to a fishing rod archway from our bridal party and Nitty Gritty Dirt Bands fishing in the dark was playing. Mom lined up my buddies to bring their fishing rods with to help out and all was done as a suprise to me which made it even more cool.

smile We have made our minds up... we are going to have our ceremony at a resort with 10-12 people... We decided the simplest will accomidate our budget...We have been laughing that we will have our fishing hats and life jackets on...

from our previous wedding plans of 120 guest to 12 is a big difference.

Lisa we will probably use the cake topper the bride that has the pole and hooked the pants of the groom

eek

Yeah, you can always wait for the 3rd one for the big bash...sorry, couldnt resist.

I worked with a guy and i knew his nephew was getting married in a couple weeks. I asked him if he was goung to the wedding and he replied "No. I'll wait for the next one"

One of the coolest things I've seen at a wedding (memory triggered by delmuts' post) was the bride, groom and wedding party serving the food at the reception. It was their great way of saying thank you to all the guests for coming out and celebrating with them and supporting them.

It went hand in hand with the pastor's message, who stressed how important it is for all friends and family to actively help the new couple through coming hard times, just as they share the joy when things are going well. If it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a network of friends and family to help a marriage. That sort of thing.

Nothing to do with fishing, but a mighty impressive and sensitive gesture. smile

I like that idea! Nice way to show your gratitude and small talk with every guest briefly

We rented Tables and Chairs and a huge hardwood grill. We served grilled vegetables,Ribeyes and marinated Chicken breasts. I did all the cooking with help from family members. We put a bunch of beer and wine in a Horse Water Trough(unused one :D)with blocks of ice. We did the reception in our back yard. We played our own music and everyone had a great time.

Total cost was about $1,400.00 which is relatively cheap and we served premuim food and booze because that was more important than a "bad" band.

If you're waiting until Summer weather and can do things outside at a Cabin or some place you don't have to pay to use you can use the $$ savings on other ideas.

Congratulations and may you have many years of health, happiness and tight lines!

When I was married our cards were put in a fishing creel that was my grandfathers. My wife and I had our first dance to "fishin in the dark." But then again our first date was ice fishing and I proposed to her after motoring back out to start another walleye drift. Good luck. There are endless possibilities.

Wow Scott that creel idea was a good one - my wife and I had our first date fishing as well, and most of our subsequent dates were spent either on a lake or river bank smile After watching her pull up a 26 pound flathead catfish I knew she was the one :P

Congrats, and good luck on the wedding planning