• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Arrow rest, Which one????

KG243

I have an old bow and want to get back into bow hunting but can not afford a new set-up. I have an older bow that is in good working order but I want to get a new arrow rest for it as all it has is on of those stick on plastic ones. Thanks for the information ahead of time.

your gonna get a lot of different answer, i have had a biscuit and will never ever put one back on my bow, while drawing it makes noise and scared deer away so i got with dropaway rests i like them and you can get some good ones for a decent price

i went from a drop away to a whisker bisket. i will be putting my drop away back on, it just seems to work better and i really do not have to worry if the fletch is lined up correctly. the biggest thing with the drop away is to put some mole skin or cover it to silence the arrow rest. that way if you accidently bang the arrow laying it in the rest, it has a cushion. good luck

I have an old bow and want to get back into bow hunting but can not afford a new set-up. I have an older bow that is in good working order but I want to get a new arrow rest for it as all it has is on of those stick on plastic ones. Thanks for the information ahead of time.

If it works, keep using it. There's not going to be a dramatic change in speed or anything going to a drop-away for you.

I have an older pearson with magnesium limbs and it was state of the art back in those days. I made 2 upgrades and that's using a wire stick on rest, and an arrow holder. The arrow holder keeps it on the rest just fine. It sticks on the opposite side of the riser, a flexible band with an arrow clip holds the arrow in place.

If you do get another rest get a spring loaded flipper with 2 prongs.

But I think you're fine how it is.