• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fletchings?

Rippinlip

Just bought a new bow, installed a new QAD, drop away rest and my current arrows when knocked and ready to shoot, the fletchings are literally at the rest already.

When I put the mole skin on the rest and shot it, it loosened up the mole skin from the 1 fletching hitting it.

Looks like it was set-up properly, just wondering if the 4" vanes could be the issue?

Second part of the question is if I go to the 2" vanes; is there going to be a major flight difference?

Any preference in 2" vanes for those who shoot them. Quick spins, regular.

Mark

Could be a timing issue with the rest. Im not positive but I think there is an adjustment on the QADs to make the arm fall faster. My cousin was having that issue with his and they couldnt get it fall fast enough so he switched to a Ripcord.

As for 2" vanes, if you do go that route you shouldnt see any negative effects. I have shot the blazers for 4 or 5 years and prefer them over the 4" vanes because they dont wrinkle like the long ones and my arrow flies just as good as when I was using 4".

Guess I may have had some issues before they were issues.

Went to a 3D shoot yesterday and it shot beautiful, no catches on the rest from what I could tell.

Did notice 1 thing, I must have knocked an arrow opposite from all the rest times, my wife noticed it after I was at full draw, she did not want to say anything until after I shot.

Apparently that doesn't matter either.

Does it matter? Cock feather up or down when shooting a drop away rest?

Mark

i was trying to broadhead tune my bow last fall, and couldnt get it to tune. checked for clearance first, sure enough the cock vane(2in blazer, love em) was makeing contact with the rest, flipped the arrow over, problem solved.

ps ripcord rest and the problem didnt show up with field tips.

Time for me to go back to vanes so after reading this post I popped down to the archery shop and grabbed 3 Max Hunter vanes to try with my Magnus Stingers fixed broadheads. Nice! Went back and got some more. Here's a couple I fletched up last night.

11tlxxw.jpg