• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UFC 112 = BORING

kingkobbla

Sounded to me like BJ won that fight but the refs screwed up the scoring. Silva is bored of the non- competition, and is showing that! Damion M was not worthy of a title shot, just like Hardy wasn't. Who did these guys beat to get a title shot, a bunch of nobody's IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if you never see silva again when he loses his title. Dana white hates him! And there's no money to be made with him either. Dan Henderson fights for the WEC middleweight title next week, I'd love to see him come back to UFC and KO silva like he did bisping.

IMO BJ lost that fight fair a square. He slow paced himself right out of it. He most defiantly could have won it but he was content to just sit back and counter punch which didn't lead to much.

I had no problem with the first couple rounds of Silva showboating but he should finished it before he championship rounds. GSP vs Silva would be a totally different fight and you would most likely see a very different Silva. What can Dana really do about it? Doesn't seem like much until Silva loses.

Lately it seems like a champion's fight strategy has been to sit back and avoid letting the challenger try to take the title from them instead of going out there and leaving no doubt who is champ. Leads to a sometimes boring fight.

I thought Huges looked good though.

Lately it seems like a champion's fight strategy has been to sit back and avoid letting the challenger try to take the title from them instead of going out there and leaving no doubt who is champ. Leads to a sometimes boring fight.

Reminds me of Tim Silvia (terrible fighter) at heavyweight until Randy Couture came in and took the title from him. The only problem with this is there is no one out there right now that will take the title from Anderson Silva?

Seems to me that the champions are just trying to do enough to get the win, and not risk anything to finish the fights. Silva and GSP proved that in their last fights, and BJ should have atleast tried taking Edgar down the last couple rounds where he could have dominated him.

Silva claimed he wanted to punish Maia for being disrespectful with his prefight comments. Instead of knocking him out he mocked him for 2 rounds then ran around the ring for 3 rounds. IMO that was far more disrespectful to his opponent and to all of us fans. He should never headline an event ever again.

It sad to see that alot of fights are just turning into slow boxing matches.

No doubt! I am glad I didnt pay to watch it, what a snoooooze fest. Cant believe BJ Penn lost last night, from what I hear it could have gone either way. I guess thats what happens when you leave it up to the judges. Say what you want about Fedor, he might not be fighting top level competitors but I have never fallen a sleep watching his fights.

2 of UFC's P4P best fighters just show cased some of the most sorry fights I have seen in a while. Silva needs some real competition, and I dont know what the heck was up with Penn last night, but I fell asleep in the 3rd round.

Thats never gonna happen....as good as Henderson is, he will never beat Silva, not the first time, not the second, not the 10th time, Silva just has the style to beat a Henderson everytime...in my opinion of course.

He's the only one for the now that can create his own down fall and he got a pretty good start with this last match, at least according to Dana White. Just like Silva showed up and started knocking heads, some other fighter will come out of no where and do a number on him....Bones Jones might be that guy after a couple more fights?

Thats never gonna happen....as good as Henderson is, he will never beat Silva, not the first time, not the second, not the 10th time, Silva just has the style to beat a Henderson everytime...in my opinion of course.

Thats pretty bold. He has already lost to Silva the first time (Anderson caught him in a rear naked choke).

The second time may be a different story... It only takes one punch... I think he could do it.

He's fighting in Strikeforce now, though, so who knows if it would happen.

Oh yeah, I don't think henderson could outpoint him. But if he was able to land his vaunted right hand, that can put anyone to sleep. I'm looking forward to seeing him fight on saturday. If there was demand for the fight, I don't think it would be too much trouble to get henderson back in the UFC.

Henderson can wallop, theres no doubt, he knocked Bispings wood stiff with that shot he hit him with, but Bisping isn't Silva and Silva can thump pretty danged good himself! Henderson ain't no kid either, he has alot of fights behind him and I don't think he has the cardio to sustain through a championship fight.

These fighters are all good...look at Faber, he looked invincible and look what happened to him. That lighter weight fighter from Mexico, can't think of his name right off? Has a dynomite record, was champ for awhile and looked unstopable, poor posture, looks like he has a hunchback and his head and neck looks like it grows out the front of his chest...kinda has the posture of a perched vulture....Torres? I think it might be Torres? He was tops, lost and then lost a couple in a row.

Someone will beat Silva, but I don't believe it will be Henderson? If he stands still and lets Henderson hit him, sure, then he is probably going to sleep, but I'm sure he is wily enough to work around the Henderson wind up!

If by some twist of fate Henderson does beat him, I'll give ya my address and you can send the hat I'll have to eat!

Grebe -

I wouldn't disagree with you that Silva would more than likely win. You are right, he is definitely the man in the middle weight division. But I think Henderson could have a bit of a chance.

... he knocked Bispings wood stiff with that shot he hit him with,...

Yeah... they had that fight on SPIKE again this weekend. I like Bisping but after that season of The Ultimate Fighter I had a little smirk when I saw Henderson cold cock him. That was a helluva punch.

I have, like others have commented, been disapointed with Silva's last number of fights. No real action.

I am more interested in the upcoming Machida - Rua fight. I was a little suprised Machida drew the decision unamiously. The rematch should be good.

Henderson would get killed in a stand up fight with Silva! That's why he took Silva to the ground in the first fight, but gassed and lost via a rear naked choke in the second round(kind of embarrassing for a well known pro). That "Bones" Jones is scary, I'd like to see that fight in a stand up war!

I havent seen a good fight from Silva in quite a while... sleepsleepsleep

Jones is definatly scary good and with his ability to strike from anywhere and his wrestling skills, he'd be an interesting opponent for Anderson. Silva couldnt dance around and mock him for the whole fight.

I may be a little biased though. Jones is from the same town as me. Played football at the same HS, years apart though, lol...

I'm hoping this latest incident with Silva will spur the UFC to adopt something similar to the yellow card system that Pride Fighting had.

For those not familiar, Pride refs carried a yellow caed in their pockets and when fighters were deemed too passive the ref removed the card and 10% of their purse was docked. I believe after a certain # of yellow cards a fighter was DQ'd, but that part escapes me.