• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rabbits!!!!!

masoct3

Hey all,

I have a serious rabbit problem. They are eating everything I have. At this point, I don't care if they learn their lesson with any thoughts of how to remove them.

How do you get them to leave? Tips? Traps? How to kill them....lol?

I have used Liquid Fence quite often...it smells HORRIBLE, but seems to work. I know that there are recipe's online for a much cheaper homemade version involving pepper of some sort. I bought the Liquid Fence at Home Depot.

...also, we have a freakishly fast lab who catches about 1 a week. Haven't seen many around lately.

You need to borrow my lab we have taken care of 11 in this past year 2 by myself. 1 bow shot from bed room windo and 1 BB gun. (I missed one tonight in the front yard with BB gun because I rushed my shot because I didn't want the neighborhood to see me out there blasting rabbits. I have now resorted to a live trap but am thinking of trying some snares where they were burrowing under my shed last year just for some practice. On top of ruining a few hundred dollars in plants last year every time my dog catches one I have to give him a flea bath. When does he catch them? everytime I let him out for the last time when I am ready for bed!!!

I dont believe a license is necessary for a simple bb gun. Perhaps for a .22, but not a walmart bb gun with a package of 1000 bb's.

I live in st louis park. What do you guys do when you take one out? I am a pretty good shot.

There is no license or permit required when a rabbit is or is about to do damage.

The above is true, but in the same breath discharging a .22 cal or even a BB gun in certain areas is ticket-able and maybe even a criminal offense. wink I see his location is in Mpls. I would check with the local authorities before discharging even an air riffle if you are close to town or in the city.

The police might get the call from a neighbor because they seen you kill one of the lovely neighborhood rabbits, but the police will be coming because you discharged a firearm/air pistol.

I had the same issue last winter (08-09). The rabbits must have been hungry because they eat my 5' bushes in front of my house down to nothing. The issue I had was they were active at night. This last winter they did no harm I could see?

Live trap is another option and then dispose or let go of the rabbit else wheres???? Not sure if there is any laws on the books about dropping Peter Cottontail off at the next towns local park?

Good luck!