• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

am1500

LwnmwnMan2

Okay, now that the format has changed and everyone has gotten used to it, whaddya think?

Personally, I don't find myself listening to KFAN hardly at all anymore.

I'll kick over to PA after KQ's morning show is over, but only after I listen to some music for a bit. It's usually too much of a hassle to get the radio out of the pocket with the chainsaw chaps and everything else that I wear cutting down trees this time of year.

I'll listen until 12, but then it's 90% of the time back to am1500 for the afternoon.

I like the connections that Pat and Joe have to some of the history in this area, as well as nationally.

To me, it seems like PA is trying too hard to get new "bits" to show he can indeed branch out, but it just comes up as he shows he knows nothing about these "bits".

Last week he tried a pro wrestling bit. Then a NASCAR bit. It's just not working, IMO.

I'm pretty much over the Common Man. He's a pain in the *** if you ask me. I do like PA tho. I haven't listened to enough of the 1500 crew to be able to identify who's who yet, but so far so good. I don't mind the replays later in the evening either. That way they don't have to try to make up news and material that isn't there.

I'm not much on a lot of talking in the morning and I cant stand all the commercials. So I listen to 89.3 the Current. They give just enough info to be entertaining and give out current events with out over shadowing the music. If I hit a patch of music I'm not fond of I'll switch to 91.1 know station for some insightful news and not necessarily the news.

Used to love PA and Dubay, but am having a harder and harder time listening to PA. He keeps trying to become an analyst and he either just doesn't have the knowledge base or isn't that smart. He just says some really dumb things, not stuff that sparks conversation, just stuff that makes you scratch your head and turn the channel. He's just gotten too full of himself too.

I pretty much only listen when there is a guest that I want to hear.

I like good honest humor when listening to the radio (just me). grin In the mornings on the way to work I have started to listen to the 93x Morning show with Randy Shaver from 7:30-8:05am.

I like Joe. I like Rookie. They must have fired Angie though, but I can not stand Patrick's humor even though his deep grumbling voice had sounded less grumpily the last time I heard him.

I honestly gave Pat a good 3-4 month try-out when he took over the Morning show. Instead of finding humor and enjoyment, I was feeling sorry for him about 90% of the time. Also hoping I never become like that when I get very old. grin

I'll second Shack's post. HAMS are hilarious especially their sport report. Shaver has come a long way with them from the days of A** Man, I remember HAMS making Shaver so awkward sounding in the mornings.

Back to 1500, I flip over on the AM drive but can't take them, was never a fan of doogie and all when they were KFAN fill-ins either. Joe & Pat though are hilarious together, I can never get enough of them

Except Barrerio, I never listened to KFAN much. After Dubay left, that was it.

I'll podcast Barrerio and Beyond The Pond and listen to it at work in the AM. When it hits 12:00 my radio is on 1500 all day. Have loved Reusse for years, although his show is probably the weakest in the lineup. Joe and Pat together is always great, and Garage Logic is one of the best shows on radio, IMO.

Still think they need to get some type of outdoors show on that focuses on the state/region. Even 100.3 has 2 hours of outdoors talk each week. Seems if you're "The Sports Talk Station", you should devote some of your programming to the outdoors.

Sounds like the full transition to ESPN will take place on the 12th, so we'll see how it all shakes out.

The morning show is terrible. I really like Patrick, Jay Kohls and Kenny.

Not funny at all. I am at work and so I can't listen in the afternoon.

I like the replay at night. They bounced Bare Facts and Fish Tales Sunday

nights. Lots of people miss that driving back home from the lake at night.

Paul Brand is gone too. They need more of a mix than just sports.

I rate the change a big 2 from 1 to 10.

My thoughts on 1500 and the changes they have made.

Night time reception in the SW suburbs is poor at best. nothing new but still annoying.

They messed with GL. Not good.

They dumped Bear Facts and Fish Tales. Very bad move.

Much of the sports programming is recycled KFAN personalities. Take it for what its worth.

While I will still listen to 1500 to catch some GL, I have not spent as much time as I thought I would listening to it. Once they get more ESPN programming I will listen to them even less. The whole move is a big mistake in my opinion. Their one saving grace is that they have the Twins. However I get better reception on satelite radio so I usually listen to the Twins on MLB radio.

Time will tell if this was a good move. As of today I would rather have the old 1500 back.

My thoughts on 1500 and the changes they have made.

Night time reception in the SW suburbs is poor at best. nothing new but still annoying.

They messed with GL. Not good.

They dumped Bear Facts and Fish Tales. Very bad move.

Much of the sports programming is recycled KFAN personalities. Take it for what its worth.

While I will still listen to 1500 to catch some GL, I have not spent as much time as I thought I would listening to it. Once they get more ESPN programming I will listen to them even less. The whole move is a big mistake in my opinion. Their one saving grace is that they have the Twins. However I get better reception on satelite radio so I usually listen to the Twins on MLB radio.

Time will tell if this was a good move. As of today I would rather have the old 1500 back.

Ditto... thank goodness the truck I inherited has sattelite, I listen to it more than I thought I would...

On a double side note grin , I have heard T.D. Mischke is a possible replacement. wink He has been filling in for Dark Star lately. I hope he can pick up a time slot on AM r FM (maybe he has no interest) again. Life has been a bummer since he has gone away from my daily ups & downs. frown

Mischke is a classic - and I miss his zany shows.

I was out in Western South Dakota sitting at the picnic table in my campsite having a cold one, and soon a crowd gathered around to listen to Mischke on AM 1500. We laughed for over an hour as he did his radio thing - before retiring to dream of monster speed goats, with the sounds of Fred singing an oldie ringing in the ears.

This thread caused me to go look for old Mischke bits yesterday. We played the one where he was questioning the Edmund Fitzgerald expert - He sang every question to the tune of the Gordon Lightfoot song.

Some of the guys that were listening with me were laughing so hard they were crying.

Well today was the first morning of ESPN radio on am1500 and I couldn't find the dial fast enough. Big mistake not having a local angle. I don't care who Houston is drafting in the 4th round. I actually liked the combo platter they had going in the mornings the last few weeks.

I flipped over to KFAN this morning and got a kick out of their new promo..."Live and Local"

Yeah, I just looked at the weekly on-air line-up and noon - 6 is all I'll listen to. I could care less about anything else. Weird that a "Sports" station will still run Garage Logic and The Mutual Fund Show. No outdoors talk at all. Too bad.

Good to see KSTP does have the ability to crank up the power so those of us 5 minutes from the station don't have to listen to static all the time during games!

Any of you outstaters getting better reception during Twins games this year?