• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2010 Favorite Aluminum Boat Poll

marine_man

All 3 major players make good boats. Lund, Alumacraft and Chrestliners are all good boats. I have drove them all and in my opinion the Lund hull is the better riding more responsive hull. Also better attention to detail. I would have no problem owning any of these 3 but I chose a Lund because of the new IPS hull and better finish.

better looking yes, stronger no

Same thickness of aluminum as a Lund (depending on the model). I've never heard of a problem regarding a weld giving out or leaking on a Crestliner. (not saying it hasn't happened, I've just never heard of it happening and I know lots of Crestliner owners)

I've heard plenty of complaints regarding leaking rivets, some on this HSOforum.

Nels

Same thickness of aluminum as a Lund (depending on the model).

Yes, if you don't count the second plate on Lund and Alumacraft. Crestliner doesn't have the double plated hull or bow. That's the only thing that is keeping me looking more at Lund and Alumacraft right now is the double plating.

One thing to keep in mind also with the Alumacraft vs Lund, is the wood they use under the flooring. Lund's is not that water proof treated stuff.

Are you sure about that? That's the first time I've heard that; and Lund's Limited Lifetime Warranty includes flooring; so I'd be surprised if they didn't have some sort of water / rot protection.

What does alumacraft use that is waterproof?

marine_man

I did hear this from a dealer, so he may have been blowing smoke up my ***.

All I was told, and maybe I shouldn't be so gullible is that Alumacraft used treated lumbar and Lund did not.

Either way, they are both fantastic boats.

TASTES GREAT ... LESS FILLING... or uhh... FORD TOUGH... LIKE A ROCK... or...

Oh wait wrong thread... similar operation though... laughgrinwink

I own an Alumacraft and I love it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Lund. All good boats.