• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

StrikeMaster Solo

I have now used this auger on 5-6 outings and it should be broken in.

With running the suggested oil to gas ratio of 40-1, the exhaust is alomost smokeless with using the StrikeMaster oil.

For starting, she works like a charm and starts within a few pulls. I do let it warm up for a minute or so before cutting.

The cutting speed on this auger is simply awesome and it cuts with no downward pressure and cuts with total ease.

In regards to ice left in the hole, with a quick crack of the throttle while pulling the auger up, one can fish the hole without doing any scooping.

I would rate this new Solo auger with a 10 on a 10 scale.

I can find nothing that this auger is short of including power.

Its my newest best friend for ice fishing gear.

Thank you to StrikeMaster for coming out with a great new product.

My old Lazer Mag was tired. The blades were out of pitch, and probably a carb kit.

I had the blades re-pitched, but it cut so agressivly that it was stalling the gearbox.

I had a LOTW trip looming, and did not have the time to fix it.

I had been planning on getting a Nils, but someone I trusted steered me to a Solo. I picked up the Lazer Mag. I drilled a few holes at home, then put an extension on and headed to the NW Angle.

I could not be happier. It was getting thru 35 inches of ice in 8-10 seconds. No binding, grabbing or sticking as it went thru.

Great leap forward for Strikemaster!

I too have been having problems with mine this year. Recoil broke twice and the clutch also went out. Even with the problems strikemaster has been really good about fixing it the same day. I would bet that they are going to come up with a solution that will fix the reoccurring problems and take care of there loyal customers.