• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Contest: Name that bow (winner gets a prize)

Scoot

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mo'éhe Cheyenne word for Elk.

Emese Cheyenne word for Eat.

Achtóhu Mohican word for Deer

Makade Ojibwe word for Black

Miijin Ojibwe word for Eat

Omashkooz Ojibwe word for Elk

Migizi Ojibwe word for Bald Eagle

Yiya Navajo word for Eat

Atsá Navajo word for Bald Eagle

I entered Elanor last week so there's my ten. I personally like Makade. Pronounced kind of like this....Maw Kaw Day.

Contest is closed! Tons of clever, funny, and fun answers!!! There were too many to comment on all of them, but I'll mention a few that I really got a kick out of:

Cooter: Chapter 7- Coots, it's a Maxxis, not a Carbon Matrix!

DonBo: Kira- I like your way of thinking... blush

InTheNorthwoods: Betty- Short, sweet, nice.

96Trigger: Artemis- Very clever- I like it.

sticknstring: Raven- Short, sweet, fitting.

bobbymalone: Manute Bow- Funny, I like it! grin

Vister: Vister XXX- um.... no. laughgrin

Rockin' Rod: Son of Barber- Inside joke and very funny! grin

The committee deliberated on the matter and struggled between two two choices: Raven and Betty (apparently they like short and sweet). There were several members voting strongly for one and several others were just as adimate on the other. After much debate, a winner was finally selected!

...and the winner is: Betty!

Congrats InTheNorthwoods! Would you like a Hoochie Mama with a call holder or would you prefer a whitetail grunt call?

Please post your e-mail address so I can e-mail you and get your mailing address to send you your prize. Or, feel free to call me and we'll get it figured out (701-799-5344).

I'm not tryin to steal anybodys glory, but vister xxx was musky bucks idea. And a clever one at that! grin

Also, is Betty in reference "my only hope was Betty Lou, she was the one, a combination ak-57 Uzi radar laser triple barreled double scoped heat seeking shotgun"

Congrats ITNW. smile

Guess you just didn't "get" my name. confused

Or maybe it just wasn't that good! gringrin

"The Canyon Coronary" was a fine entry, but sadly the committee didn't deem it worthy of the "final cut". You know how the committees can be- tough to know what they heck they are going to think or do...

Yep, it does make sense. If you factor in my family's history of cardiac problems, it'd really be fitting... a little too fitting! I'd hate to tempt fate with a name like that!

FYI- InTheNorthwoods requested that I take the grunt tube and give it to a youngster who is interested in archery. I know just the young kid- he's 13 and I see him shooting quite often. I don't think he has anything like a grunt call, so I'll happily give it to him. I'm sure he'll be very appreciative! Very classy move InTheNorthwoods!!!

Thanks all for playing- it was fun! Hopefully Betty can get a good Bam Ba Lam in on a big buck this coming Fall!

Yep, it does make sense. If you factor in my family's history of cardiac problems, it'd really be fitting... a little too fitting! I'd hate to tempt fate with a name like that!

Ohhh, I didn't know that.... blush

I meant the Mulies anyway.

Take care!