• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida Lake Fishing Reports

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Shore launch was good ice for about 100 yards and that was it 6" of good hard ice to a small horseshoe crack and maybe 2" of new ice after so yesterday morning the deepest you could get was about 5' tops from the launch.. Moved to Williams Park and found much better ice and snowmobiles riding at high speed alog the shore, ice was good all the way out to 17 plus " good solid 6" plus and quite a few guys out there. we caught mostly small fish and Tuzzy did get a couple keepers. Walking was great good traction and the trap slid niceley behind. Probably should have tried past the islands or at least checked it. We fished around the park area not catching any big fish..
Shuba has gone out from here the last four days...good ice, out past the islands...but slow fishing , so far. 6-8 nice perch per trip, and only two walleyes in four days...oh...and a bourbot!

Fished on oneida today with doug and Red.Red is 73 yrs old from the tully area and can cover some ground walking wink we all ended up with a dozen or a few more perch each no throw backs at all cool.It was nice to fish with doug and red had a good time.Doug you should have stuck around a few more minutes and seen some of the pics red had of calicos,perch and waldos I was impressed especially where they came from whistle.

Thunder - my buddy John said he saw you at Marion this morning and we were looking for you - did you come out? We fished to about 11:00. No walleyes, a couple of big smallmouths and some perch. Unfortunately the jumbos were too few and too far between. I took top honors with a catch of 8, John only had 3 and our friend Nick had nothing to show for his efforts. Since this was my 1st outing since injuring my back I took it real easy and sat in the same hole. Maybe thats why I ended up with the most. Anyways John and I marked quite a few that wouldn't go otherwise we could have easily been in the teens.

The numbers were not good but what we caught were pretty nice. The picture was the 2nd fish of the day and is representative of the size of all of the ones we got.

http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/zz61/davecardamone/?action=view&current=perch2.jpg

Dave you guys must have went off a different location I went to the point parking lot there was only one car there.I proceeded to chap park it was a flop for me a few perch 2 pins and a sewer smallie whistle.I will be back at it again but I don't think it will Oneida smirk.I was glad to here you made it out how did your back hold up?

Fished south end of the big O this am. Lots of people and decent ice where we were fishin at around 24'. Tip ups did the majority of the catchin for the 3 of us with a poor showing of only 12 perch between us. What an awsome day to be on the ice.. Good to see you Doug and Todd.. Probly cant get out again til Sunday ..

Thunder - we were going to fish off the point but John's friend called him to say we could access from a private camp he has permission to use. Its between Lewis and Chapman. Not a bad walk but some of that snow/slush areas were torture.

The back is doing pretty good so I guess shutting it down and resting was the best thing to do. We may be heading out of Edgewater or the bathhouse area tomorrow. Good luck if you head out.

Fished off Lewis this morning. Had to wait for the bait guy at Marion so I could buy live bait and cut the head off to fish crazy That's just Crazy!!!

Hit the GPS spot at 8AM and used the same hole as the previous evening. Iced my limit in less than 20 minutes with a few more C&R'd...just because I could whistle

The surface is SLOPPY...like Thunders old girlfriend grin

All my Waldos were caught on a...can't tell ya, with a hook blush

Fished south end of Oneida today. Bunch of lookers but not a lot of ttakers for me. or my buddy. Managed a couple whites, few perch and an 18" eye. Jonesy ended up with a couple yellows and 1 short eye lost at the hole.

Good to see you again Timmy and Todd!!

The Big O was a tough one on Sunday. I caught 5 pinpike and lost one good one frown. My buddy John lost a real nice one as Tim, Todd and I were walking out. He did land one good one but other than that it was a long morning. We both left around 11:00am.

Good fishing and talking with you Tim and Todd. Better days are just ahead.

Todd - John and I are gonna hit the same area around 6:30am tomorrow so if you have nothing better to do you know where we will be. John is planning on stopping at Marion tomorrow to see if anyone has any info on a hot bite, etc. and if so, this may change our location. If you want to go out with us I'm sure you can catch him at Marion or ask Hank where we were heading.

LOL DC. I was plannin on sittin right next to him to learn the magic. grin Strangest thing happened tho...... He didnt show up whistle. smirk.

I hit Oneida again today for the last couple hours of day light in the same general area on south end in 19'of water. fished from 3-4pm didnt mark a fish. Finally at 4:10pm Marked what turn out to be a real fish. 4:11pm caught said fish. Released small 8" perch back to the hole and it actually pushed itself back outta the hole twice crazy. Fished till the last bit of natural day light with out marking another fish. Just As I was plannin my walk back to shore, the screen lights up. Solid red from ground zero up to 4' off bottom. No takers for the 5 minutes it lasted, changed out both jigs 2xs during the infestation. Looked up from the vex and its dark out smirk. Fished another 20 mins and no marks. The ice is holdin good but the top was kinda mushy. What was hard pack yesterday is 2-3" of really wet snow and slush. The ice jams and shoves were really tricky to walk thru. More jagged edges stickin up with out the snow to fill in the voids. If it freezes tonight its gonna be a close to a skatin rink out there. Should be back at it Thursday am unless I can get out again in the afternoon tomorrow or wednesday..

LOL DC. I was plannin on sittin right next to him to learn the magic. grin Strangest thing happened tho...... He didnt show up whistle. smirk.

You must have the wrong person...I told you, I was heading out of town with Sammy and Scott. I ended up in a knock down drag out with the wife and didn't even leave the house yeaterday tiredsleeptiredsleepmad You know how that goes, hah confused

I did hit Deruyeter today and just kind of did a lot of research with depth changes and weed lines. That Lake/Resevoir has some potential. Too bad I live 10 minutes away whistle

Dog Doo, the fight must have been Saturday AM as Jimmie and I patiently waited to follow your lone tracks out to the hole. No lone tracks and no AW! Hey, no biting fish either as they yoyo'd on our minnow heads! So we did not learn anything either by sitting next to the Master. We also left around 1030 and had a caravan follow us off. Best to be the lead dog I guess.