• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Not gun hunting paid off!!!

sdmark21

Well, I was suppose to go slug gun hunting up by Lindstrom opening weekend this year, but there ended up not being any room for me. I decided mid week to convince the wife to let me bite the bullet and buy the $160 non-resident hunting license to bow hunt WI. I have access to some nice land in Buffalo County, but wasn't going to hunt there this year due to some other hunts I went on this fall already.

I saw several nice 8 point bucks running around, chasing does, looking for does already. Tried grunting one over to me, but he didn't seem to care I was there, then all of a sudden heard some commotion behind me and I had a nice 8 point coming right at me over a ridge, with a bigger 9 following right behind him. The 9 ended up walking in front of me at 20 yards, gave a soft grunt, he stopped, I shot, hit the mark, and he doesn't get too far away before he goes down.

Looks like not gun hunting this year paid off. Now I have to let wife know it will cost more to get it mounted.

bcbuck.jpg