• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Haloweenie with Ken and Stevie!

Steve and I took a little drive today. Nothing exotic, but a fun day to shoot.

Fun with some gray jays:

Hal2.jpg

Birdbrain:

Hal3.jpg

Cyclops:

Hal4.jpg

I'm watching you! I hope he doesn't know Alfred Hitchcock!

Hal1.jpg

Cooperative Sprucie:

Hal5.jpg

Hal6.jpg

It was a wet and nasty day!

Hal8.jpg

AND we came across a few eerie things as well:

Birch Ogre:

Hal9.jpg

Bog Monster:

Hal10.jpg

Have a Happy Halloween!

Hall11.jpg

Your partner is gonna wear out your 300 2.8!

Kiss my what, Richie Rich?

On to the more important things, thanks as always Ken for a day well spent in great company. While I got delayed with some new clients, I'll post a few soon, including a rose hip ghost fitting the day.

And careful with that weenie stuff. You wanna get us banned? gringrin

If they knew what was coming next weekend, they wouldn't even have stopped to look back!

deer.jpg

One look for the sprucie

left-face.jpg

Second look for the sprucie

right-face.jpg

Boreal forest bog (4 images stitched).

pano-toned.jpg

Winter's coming for the forest, and the alder

web-alder.jpg

A neverending eye for food

web-standing.jpg

And a three-image series of Ken. Please be kind to this broke-down ole photographer on these three (and the varied exposures and such). I had a bird landing and pecking on my head. Felt sort of like I was married to all my ex-wives AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! shockedshockedshocked

web-ken-at-camera.jpg

web-kenlooksup.jpg

web-ken-awe.jpg

And the Ghost of Rose Blossoms Past . . . on Halloween, no less!

red-rose-ghost.jpg

Yup, I think so, that was me.

I almost got a photo of you rolling over and over down the embankment, but my photojournalistic reflexes have rusted. gringrin

Seriously, Jason, if you saw us out there you should have honked your horn or waved your hands and we could have hooked up for the rest of the day, assuming Ken's and my combined smarts could have figured out it was you. Your quiet knowledge will always be welcome anywhere I am. smilesmile

Well, I wasn't a 100% sure it was you guys but I knew Ken drives a SUV from the bog last winter and Tomahawk trail is your stomping grounds.

Today I was really just out for a ride and that was about it. I just got over H1N1 and now have bronchitis. I would not have been very quiet with all my coughing and wheezing. I had to get out of the house though before I go crazy. Next time I see you guys I will test Ken's brakes out and see just how quick he can stop on dirt.....eek

Before I saw you guys I took what I think was called Kelly's Loop in my car. Talk about an interesting trip. I was thinking to myself, when I get stuck back here no one will ever find me!

Quote:
Have you ever heard how loud Ken breathes? Darth Vader ain't got nothin on him!.

Ihhhhh-ahhhhhm-yhhhhhour-fahhhhhhhhhther. Oooh, now that's creepy!

Jason, hope you're feeling better soon. Won't be too long before some serious trips to the Bog! Been awhile since I've been down the Kelly Loop. Last time I went I threw a bicycle in the back in case I got stuck and had to get out! Steve snookered me down a different road like that yesterday. There were some places where there was a current in the water coming across the road! I kinda figured we might see just the top of some SUV barely sticking out of some of the sinkholes!

X - deer in the headlight? If that's the case, it's how I always look. Must be having to deal with a large 3rd graders on a daily basis!

X - deer in the headlight? If that's the case, it's how I always look. Must be having to deal with a large 3rd graders on a daily basis!

Not quite, Ken. Remember, I've met you. grin It was your last portrait that made me think of that. The look on your face is priceless.