• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fly Fisherman

Beautiful image! I enjoy how the bit of fg is kept in the picture as it helps to frame things nicely, the colors and contrast are rich. Can you share your post processing technique that is giving the image the lighting effect?

Beautiful image! I enjoy how the bit of fg is kept in the picture as it helps to frame things nicely, the colors and contrast are rich. Can you share your post processing technique that is giving the image the lighting effect?

Thank you. I started off in Lightroom and used a preset called X=City+Scapes (downloaded from presets heaven). After that, I adjusted the exposure and white balance to my liking (that preset really cranks up the exposure). Then I exported it to PS CS4. Created a duplicate layer. Then I add gaussian blur, about 30 pixels, then set that layer to Multiply. Then lightened it a good bit with a curves adjustment layer. That's pretty much all except for the tweaking. That's a technique I learned from the Luminous Landscape site.