• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tv audio

I've been having problems with my audio cutting out. I would change channel and go back to original channel to get it back. Cable company came out and did all sorts of tests to see where the problem was. My tv (sony bravia)is not the problem. They ran tests to see if it was. They exchanged the cable box twice and now I am on a third box. This box is their newer model. Problem still exists. I was told to write down when it happens, what channel, and show or commercial. Most of the time it has happened on the HD channels, but a few times it has happened on regular channels. Audio has cut out on commercials, news, sports, regular shows. Anyone have this issue or thoughts on what might be the problem? I was told I am the only one in the neighborhood calling about this issue, not that others are having the same problem but choose not to call.

They tried to use component cables instead of hdmi cable and the samething happened. Fortunately, it happened while repairman was here. Would a high quality hdmi cable (like monster) make a difference? How do you know if your hdmi goes out or is going out? Does the audio go out like I am experiencing? If so, I could call a sony tech because it would still be under warranty.

There is no difference in the quality of the HDMI cable based on price. They are all the same and the only thing you get with more money is the gimmick! If the audio was not interrupted with the A/v cables and the box was replaced than I would be suspicious of the HDMI cable. Since it does it with both than there doesn't seem to be a problem with it.

I assume you have also tried a different sound source other than the TV?

Originally Posted By: dtro
It could be the network feed. I have audio cut out during HD programming pretty regularly. Happens all the time during FOX football games.

I've noticed the same thing.

Same here. FOX HD football feed seems to drop the commentator audio, but I could still here the referee whistle and other stuff from the field. Turn channel - and back to FOX, audio is back on. Good to know I'm not the only one, our TV warranty is about to run out - thought it might be the TV.

Due you all have comcast cable? I have heard that this has to due with their bandwith. Not sure if it is true though. I my self have a dish and don't have any problems. My brother-in law has comcast and has this exact same problem.

I have US Cable, which I believe is owned by comcast. When I watch a show and the problem starts usually the sound starts fading out. I've also noticed that loudness of the audio isn't as crisp and I need to turn up the volume at times. This might have to do with the bandwidth issue. I'll have to call the cable tech and run this past him and see what he thinks.

There is no difference in the quality of the HDMI cable based on price. They are all the same and the only thing you get with more money is the gimmick! If the audio was not interrupted with the A/v cables and the box was replaced than I would be suspicious of the HDMI cable. Since it does it with both than there doesn't seem to be a problem with it.

Yes, repairman tried everything conceivable.

Due you all have comcast cable? I have heard that this has to due with their bandwith. Not sure if it is true though. I my self have a dish and don't have any problems. My brother-in law has comcast and has this exact same problem.

Comcast. witgey, you going to be able to get out on the ice with us this winter?

Originally Posted By: airjer

Yes, repairman tried everything conceivable.

How did they determine it WASN'T the TV? Are you running any sound system? Or just the TV?

If the audio is fading out then I would rule out the HDMI cable or the HDMI connection on the TV. It's a digital signal so it will either be good or not good....on or off.

I hope that when the tech switched to the other cables that either the HDMI cable was removed, or the TV was programmed to "look" at the other input and not the HDMI input. Even though the other cable was tested the TV may have still been looking at the HDMI input for audio/video and if the HDMI cable was still hooked up the test would have proved nothing.

I would assume that it's the feed to your house (some sort of bandwidth issue as mentioned previously) or their is a issue with the TV's sound processor.

Comcast always has bandwidth/signal strength issues. Been out to my house twice this year already.......about ready to switch to satellite if I didn't like their broadband internet service so much!!!

Audio is very sensitive to delay of any kind in the signal transmission. Working the the computer network field there is a lot of talk about QoS or Quality of Service and Voice over IP Phones. All it means is that certain types of traffic needs to be allowed to pass before others or you will get a degraded conversation. So what I can tell you is that if there is a little delay on the cable TV network it is going get a degraded signal and the audio will stutter and or stop for a period of time. And the more homes they have in the area the worse this going to get. Or it could be that you have some crummy lines or connections coming in to your house and causing intermittent signal problems.

There is no difference in the quality of the HDMI cable based on price. They are all the same and the only thing you get with more money is the gimmick!

I totally agree and have had some arguments with people over that.