• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

His and Hers tattoos

My mate has had a significant relationship with dragonflies nearly her whole life, so when her birthday came around a couple weeks back, I bought us matching dragonfly tattoos in matching places, applied by Ely artist Lynn Gantt of Twilight Tattoo.

Lisa's second tatt, my first. Ouch! gringrin

Apologies for the photography. The tatts are sharp, even if the photos are not. Each is about 3 inches long. Hers on the left, his on the right.

tatts.jpg

Anybody else got tattoos out there? I showed you ours, so you show us yours! Uh, as long as they don't violate forum policy on a family site. gringringrin

Cool Steve. They're well done.

My wife and I got tattoos at the same time a few years ago. She got a butterfly on the back of her neck, I got a raptor on my left shoulder. That one is my only, but she got a scissor-tailed flycatcher on her leg after that. I'd post photos, but photobucket is super slow and super annoying on dialup.

Yeah, it's cool to get tatts together. It would be cool to see yours, dial-up or not. smile

I've kind of gotten bitten by the bug, and since I can do photography for the tattoo artist's promotional needs, likely we'll do some bartering. NOT that I'll get a Canon tattoo! winkwink

Hmmmmm, HSO/FM tattoo? We DO have more fun, after all. gringrin

But faithful Irish/Weshman that I am, there are any number of Celtic triangle, cross or circle tattoos that are pretty cool. Always in places that don't show with standard clothing but of course reveal the tatts when sleeveless or tank tops are worn. gringrin

Great looking tattoos Steve! Welcome to the club. It does get addicting, I think there's something in the ink. The first one here is for my son, he's a Scorpio and I love chrome so the 2 came together nicely I think. I've had it for 3 1/2 years. My daughter is a Leo on will be on my right arm when the budget allows and when I decide how I want it done. The second is for my wife. It says "Love of My Life" in Chinese. I've had it for 3 years.

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=1235.jpg

pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=1234.jpg

Mike, why an I not surprised you are a tattguru? That Scorpio tattoo is quite cool. Well, with two ex-wives, my current wife and three kids, if I was to tatt all their zodiac signs I'd be a regular signpost (all three current and former betrothed are different signs).

Aside from the Celtic stuff, as a Sagittarius (FAR less moody than your Scorpio son), I may have a bit of the archer coming along in the near future. gringrin

Uh, ahem, MIke, what SIGN are you, buddy? gringrin

As a P.S., you might get a free HQ tattoo or two by offering high quality photography of your tattoo artist at work, as well as some examples of his/her artistry. Most of the tattoo Web sites I've seen feature garish photographs that make the tatts look amateurish even though they are not. A studio photographer of your caliber ought to be able to produce wonderful tatt images. One artist exchanging art for another, if you will. smilesmile

I am an Aquarius. I've never considered getting one for me, I'm not sure why. I have considered getting other stuff though. I think it's cool that you and the Mrs. got them together. My wife isn't the tattoo type. She really likes them on other people though. I will be getting my daughters soon I hope. She's 5 and she is always looking at the scorpion and saying "Dad, I really like your tattoo" smile

I have a friend that has several, none of which you can see. Mine are all in the open, not for everyone else, but for me to see all the time. Everyone has there own feelings about whether to show them or not and none of them are wrong. It's all about expressing what you want and how you want.

I can't wait to see other's work as well.

I've admired tatts from afar for quite awhile, but I was never very excited about the basic stooge stuff I'd seen. The last 10-20 years, however, have delivered an upsurge in color and creativity, and as a visual artist myself, I've come to appreciate what is now possible.

Steve, please tell me that it wasn't the right and left "cheek" laugh

I don't need to tell you anything, bud. It's all about your imagination. But just to ease your worried mind, I'll confess that it wasn't. It was below the head hairline and right over the spine for both of us. Wanna get a painful tatt? Get it right next to the central nervous system pipeline. Or get it on skin that's never seen the light of day. gringrin

2PS, no doubt tatts that intricate and large take a number of sessions. How fortunate for you it's your wife inflicting pain instead of a stranger. Or maybe not! LOL! Were you married on Feb. 2, 2002? Will you e-mail me? I think we have something to discuss.

Got the 1991 trout stamp tattooed on my right cheek. Also got a couple others when I was in the service, but the trout, that's special. Thought about getting a six dog team across my back but my dad said if I put it on my bum I could have a twelve dog team. Thanks dad. I hate being a fat@#$ but my trout gets bigger.

Got the 1991 trout stamp tattooed on my right cheek. Also got a couple others when I was in the service, but the trout, that's special. Thought about getting a six dog team across my back but my dad said if I put it on my bum I could have a twelve dog team. Thanks dad. I hate being a fat@#$ but my trout gets bigger.

Now that's just funny right there! gringrin

Hil-larious! I'm not a tat man myself. My wife has a hummingbird on her ankle. Steve, would have thought you might have a black wolf with yellow eyes staring out from the middle of your chest! grin

Stay tuned. Not on the chest, and an orange eye rather than a yellow eye, but . . . .

2PS, no doubt tatts that intricate and large take a number of sessions. How fortunate for you it's your wife inflicting pain instead of a stranger. Or maybe not! LOL! Were you married on Feb. 2, 2002? Will you e-mail me? I think we have something to discuss.

The 02-02-02 is the day I broke both my legs (13 places) and pelvis racing snocross. I had the tattoo picked out for years just never time to get it done. I have other tattoos on my arms from my wife also. When I get time I will post some of other work that is finished, its really impressive.

As far as my wife inflicting the pain she says it worse to tattoo me because I complain to much.

Here is my email northuplandhunter at y a h o o . c o m

I have a few, and am always planning the "next one". I am a firm believer that once that tattoo needle hits your skin, you are going to start planning the next one. I have had a few "next ones", but the planning is just as fun as getting the thing done. The last one I was schedualed for I had to cancel, the tat was to be done on a sat, I got hired for a job on thursday, that had a "no visible tattoo" clause in the empl. handbook. I needed a job more than I needed a new tattoo.

Anyhoo, these were not my first, but they are my favorites. They are aprox 2" above the kneecap, and rotated slightly to the outside of the leg. They are my daughters handprints taken on her 1st birthday and placed in the location were she would put her hands and say, "pick my up daddy!!!" when she first started walking. I spent a lot of time with the artist making sure they would be right and not just look like finger paint. The work was almost all done with the shadding needle, but used like a single. All of the imperfections of the original handprints included in the tattoo's. That was hard for the artist to understand at first, but I spent a lot of time making sure it would be right.

My right leg, her left hand...

GEDC0188.jpg

My left leg, her right hand...

GEDC0192.jpg

sorry bout the picture quality. blush

I am firm believer in that once on the skin,never too forget again.......

That's the point of a tattoo. I'm not into getting a tattoo for recreation. The ones I have and probably the ones in the future all have meaning. They are for things I don't want to forget.

Can't hate on someone for what they believe in. No problems here!