• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

little black bugs

blarkey

I've had "little black bugs" and I call mine "possum bugs" because if you mess with them, it seems that they play dead. If they're on the wall and you touch them, they fall down and don't move...then if you watch them, they'll get back up and walk away.

I've got them as well. I seem to notice them around the different sources of water in my house. There is one in my shower every morning, also around the kitchen sink, and the dogs water dish although he usually eats the bugs that hang around that area.

I noticed them last year as well and it seems they hang around for awhile in the summer and then are gone again.

How many are you guys seeing because in my place its just 1 here or there never seen more then 2 at a time.

They are "Strawberry root weavils". My parents had them a couple years ago and a pest control company came out and said thats what they were. Ive had a few this year at my place as well. They are completely harmless and only hang around for a short period of time. I guess they perfer moist areas, thats why a lot are found in showers.

We get some every year when it's hot outside and we turn the AC on. My son and I call them Nova bugs after a very old video game which they kind of look like. They seem to startle easily, if you just blow on them they fall right off the wall or ceiling. We have never found a sure fire way to get rid of them other then to just blow them off the wall and smash um! smirk

My house has quite a few of these bugs. I find on average 8 of them daily. It has become quite an epidemic and my girlfriend is on my case to get rid of them. Anybody know a surefire way to rid the house of them.

Oddly enough, I am finding quite a few in my son's bedroom. He has a small fish tank in there, but they are always on the walls or the ceiling in there. I need to rid the house of these suckers.

There is a night light on at night. That and he has to watch a Spongebob DVD at night to be able to sleep through the night. The fish tank light is only really on during feeding times as he has two windows in the room. The ambient light is pretty good in there even with the blinds drawn.

Other than his room, I find them in the bathrooms and near the kitchen sink like the others have mentioned.

Thanks for the tip Leech.