• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

Funny thing with me is I do not get the "stink eye" from my wife while playing, but I do get it from my kids. grin "Dad can we play Now!". You can only say "go clean your room" so many times before it is, well, clean. laugh

I get the same from my boy.... I got lucky and got him hooked on the old X-box and he has a game that he loves.... for now..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I screwed up.

I prestiged.

Man, I was really having a hard time lately BEFORE I did this.

Now playing hardcore without ninja, cold blooded or a heartbeat sensor, I'm 3-14. I didn't realize how dependant I'd become on those.

At least my copy of MLB '10 should be here today.

I hate Wasteland,Underpass, and I suck at Afghanistan.

The other ones are all cool.

I was playing Team Death Match yesterday and got into one on Rust!!! It lasted like 4 minutes. I ended up going 22-10 in four minutes... Crazy. I love that little map.

I have been just hitting the pavement in Team Deathmatch. I had my best match "ever" last night (right after Andy went to bed grin). This weekend I sucked it up and have been sniping. Makes for dull play time for most matches, but I am starting to break threw the learning curve grin . Pretty much unlocked and and have hit the kill marks for expert on my WA2000 (got the thermal cool ). Last night I got my C4, Ninja Pro (completed the backstabber challenge), plus some other stuff. Last night I was the top person for the first time laugh , hit Harrier Strike kill streak 7, and I am at 43 or 44 now. I am looking forward to Prestiging and starting all over again. grin

I hate Wasteland,Underpass, and I suck at Afghanistan.

I hear ya, but those are my bread and butter maps for sniping laugh I got my highest score to-date yesterday on Wasteland. I came close on Afghan. Found some sweat spots for sniping and I keep plugging them as they run into my scope. laugh Underpass and the WA2000 with thermal and silencer is a cake walk. wink It is a nice and dark map.

The other city maps seem to be limited when it comes to sniping. People have a good idea where the sniper is. Just so I get some kills on those maps I have to switch back to Scar and it just throws me off grin

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

What do you guys have your sensitivity set at? i started at low but changed to medium and im wondering how many people have it set on high.

play a few search n destroy you will level up faster to get your perks.thats all i been playing lately.

I know... I know....

Just got a new Bose sound system this morning, so I'm sure the 8 year old will want me to crank it up since he's off school all week.

Figure now NO ONE will be able to sneak on me, with OR without the headphones.

Not sure if the fam is going to enjoy those claymores at 3 am though. grin

This artcile was recently shared to me. I don't think it will affect the new maps, but possibly the future of the title:

(Thanks Ebass)

G4 is reporting that some of Activision's security guards have stormed the offices of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 developer Infinity Ward - giving staff a fright and firing two key members of the successful developer.

Activision explained the reason for the raid in their latest SEC filing:

"The Company (Activision) is concluding an internal human resources inquiry into breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward. This matter is expected to involve the departure of key personnel and litigation. At present, the Company does not expect this matter to have a material impact on the Company."

Reports indicate that one of the staff members released was Jason West, the lead designer of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and CTO of Infinity Ward - the other is rumored to be Infinity Ward CEO, Vince Zampella.

In addition, G4 are reporting that Activision CEO Bobby Kotick will be meeting with Infinity Ward staff to explain the situation.

Update:

G4 reports that a memo from Activision president and CEO, Mike Griffith has been leaked.

The memo highlights Infinity Ward as the key to Call of Duty's future - and they are still working on the Modern Warfare 2 DLC, while Treyarch are handling the 2010 release.

"2010 is expected to be another big year for Call of Duty," said Griffith, "with Treyarch developing a new title for fall release, Infinity Ward's downloadable content for Modern Warfare 2 in the works now, and a new Call of Duty title expected to be released in 2011."

Although it doesn't mention who will develop the 2011 release, the memo brings up a new title from Dead Space developer Sledgehammer - an action adventure Call of Duty tie-in.

Griffith, making the distinction between the two games clear, adds: "In addition,Sledgehammer Games is in development on a Call of Duty title in the action-adventure genre. It's an exciting time and it's the right time to ensure the appropriate resources are there to support Call of Duty's growth."

They'd best be careful.

Sounds like someone wasn't happy that someone else was getting all the praise.

It could end up an IRL / vs Cart type situation which both end up disappearing if a third party is poised to jump in the lead, ie Nascar.

Its a little hard to explain but their is a slight glitch with the pavelow and sentry gun, normally they dont count towards your next killstreak unless you have 0 deaths and you're the first to call it in a match. I dont use sentry guns so I havnt confirmed it but I have had pavelows count towards my killstreaks.

They'd best be careful.

Sounds like someone wasn't happy that someone else was getting all the praise.

It could end up an IRL / vs Cart type situation which both end up disappearing if a third party is poised to jump in the lead, ie Nascar.

Activision owns the rights to the game. Period. Its their property. Its common to have developers do the actual programming work for a franchise that they have expertise in, kind of like a sub contractor.

The rumor is that the two guys who were let go were doing something improper. But who knows. More to come I am sure!!

When were the new maps tentatively scheduled to come out? Getting bored with the ones we have!!!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has led to legal warfare at Activision.

Jason West and Vince Zampella, the former heads of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare development studio Infinity Ward, who were fired on Monday, have filed a lawsuit against publisher Activision Blizzard Inc. alleging wrongful termination and breach of contract.

According to the complaint, after Activision acquired Infinity Ward for a total of $5 million in 2003, it signed three-year employment agreements with West and Zampella, co-founders of the Encino-based studio who most recently served as president and chief executive, respectively.

In 2008, after the release of Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, the fourth game in the series and a huge hit that has sold more than 13 million units, West and Zampella signed a contract extension through 2011. The complaint says that the extension includes additional royalties and other payments, as well as the right to operate Infinity Ward independently and to have creative control over any Modern Warfare sequels or other Call of Duty games set after the Vietnam War.

Previous Call of Duty games without the "Modern Warfare" subtitle have been set in World War II. A sequel set for release this November being released by another Activision-owned studio, Treyarch, is said by people close to the company to be set in the Vietnam War.

The complaint states that Activision launched an investigation of West and Zampella on Feb. 3 for alleged "breaches of contract" and "violations of Activision policies." The two were then fired on Monday. The complaint states that the "notice of discharge" contained "charges that were disproved in the investigation; included events that West and Zampella were never even asked about during the investigation; identified conduct that other Activision executives engaged in with impunity; and cited 'insubordination' and alleged conduct from over a year ago."

In its annual report filed Monday, Activision said it was "concluding an internal human resources inquiry into breaches of contract and insubordination by two senior employees at Infinity Ward."

The lawsuit asks the court to rule that West and Zampella have creative control over all Modern Warfare games and that Activision may not release any Call of Duty games set after the Vietnam War without their approval and that the publisher owes them unpaid royalties and damages in excess of $36 million.

I found this little tidbit on Twitter from a COD developer:

..annnd we JUST hit 25 MILLION unique players on Modern Warfare 2. Insanity! Also, got a lot of #MW2 DLC details coming this week! FINALLY!

Sensitivity? Thats cute. I have it set to PINK grin

New maps are always nice. Just get ready for all the glitchers and then the long wait for the next patch.

Maybe....Just maybe.............Someday Dtro will MAN UP whistle

I think we will all be fishing by then laugh

I have my sensitivity level set to Stuart Smalley:

Stuart-Smalley-Magnet-C12359389.jpg

laugh

I started to monkey with the sensitivity right away. I felt the default settings where very slow especially when looking down the barrel or through a scope. I migrate between low and medium fro the most part. I use low when on an urban map where I do not have time to over correct and then correct the over correct. grin I use medium when sniping on maps like Wasteland and Scrapyard. I am not an expect at this, but I found this to help me on Xbox.