• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modern warfare 2

bgreen82

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a tendency to try to flank everyone, so the riot shields aren't too bad, as I come up behind the people anyways.

I've switched over to using the heartbeat sensors though, but I still can't keep myself from just running around the map, then coming around a corner and getting blasted before I hear "bleep" and see the red dot.

i heard some guys chatting the other day and one of them said that there might be a patch coming out for the ranger. The gun is sick and I get angry when I get killed by some dork with akimbo. I was playing hard core the other night and actually got killed by my own teammate because I was "camping" aka I was hiding behind a box trying not to get killed so I could get pavelow.

The main reason I say if you use a shield you shouldn't be allowed guns is almost everyone that uses guns with shields is up close, you can kill someone with that shield as well, that should be their weapon since they choose to run around with it.

The riot shield is not easy to use hence why you rarely see it used. Definely not cheesy. First you have to get close to someone, then you have to crouch and keep facing them to not get hit, on top of that you have to melee twice to get kills, all while worrying about making sure no one is behind you. Also survive a couple fights with it and you're practicly blinded by the damage. The argument that you can kill with the shield and shouldnt get another weapon seems a little unreasonable since the other option is having two ranged weapons.

I remember when I first heard about it in the game I thought it was going to be lame but I believe they did a good job on balancing it out really well.

I remember when I first heard about it in the game I thought it was going to be lame but I believe they did a good job on balancing it out really well.

I'll second this. I think that they have done a pretty good job keeping the game balanced.

Shields are a little bit of a curve ball, but by no means a silver bullet.

I had to see how the riot sheild would do on line. I thought it was cool when they would unload on you and all the bullets bounce, but it gets beat up then you can't see.

What I found out was it's easy to melee someone with a sheild. Get on the side of them and melee - they are done. Happened to me a lot so I changed classes and don't use it. But I'm glad that I did as when I go against someone who has it I have a clue how to wax em. .02

OK…enough talk (wanted to use a different word) about riot shields. IMHO I believe the riot shield is a great addition to the game and when used with squad tactics can turn the tide of a game. One of the biggest mistakes I see people make is engaging in an unwinnable battle with a shield. Don’t rush in to a fight with a RS. Let’s look at the weak points.

Range, this is a melee weapon, take your time to line up shots if you are out of range of it. Shooting at the feet, even if they are crouched has worked out well for me. Keeping your distance is the key and keeps you at the advantage. If they go to switch to their side arm, they open up there shield and you have the kill. Call out to your team mates to help flank them, with a little angle one person will have the kill.

Maneuverability, when the opponent with the RS is crouched they move slowly. This can pay off if you are good with a knife. Avoided the front of the shield and try to come in from the side. In non hardcore matches it takes 2 blows from it to kill you, the knife takes one.

One directional, the sides and back are open. Use a well placed frag to get them. Avoid the front and throw it to the weak spots.

And when in doubt, noob tube-thumper-danger close grin

PS. The 1887 is WAY over powered. But there is always one in every FPS

I agree with cpt fireman. RS are great. I love when someone on the other team has one. It adds a challenge not being able to shoot someone that is right in front of you. I like to use flashbangs on RS or stickies on the RS. WATCH OUT FOR THE THROWING KNIVES. They can take down their shield and throw a knife very quickly

I got a bunch of time to play this weekend and I have gone to completely worthless to just bad, the game is very addicting. I noticed at one time a couple of you guys joined the game I was in, sorry I didn't say hi it took me a while to regognize the names. How can I join a game that a online friend is playing?

How can I join a game that a online friend is playing?

It's a little tricky while in an in process game because if the game becomes full, the friend will not be able to join.

But anyways, you just go to your friends list, pick a person and then select "invite to game".

There are also party options so that your friends stay with you in each game and always on the same team.

Party chat gets really tricky and I wouldn't recommend messing with that.

I got a bunch of time to play this weekend and I have gone to completely worthless to just bad, the game is very addicting. I noticed at one time a couple of you guys joined the game I was in, sorry I didn't say hi it took me a while to regognize the names. How can I join a game that a online friend is playing?

I jumped in with you a few times... Keep working it. It will get better... Some days you just can't get it.... then all of a sudden it starts to click.

Everytime I play i learn more about the maps which seems to be a big part of it. It helps to know where everyone hangs out or where there always seems to be snipers. I will try joining some of you next time. I have been playing mercenary team deathmatch, what do you guys play?

Finally moved into the world of HD. got a 32" samsung and all I can say is, wow. After playing games on a regular tv for years its like night and day. I actually find it easier to pick off far off targets now since they seem to pop out of the background quicker. A few times Ive been sniped watched the killcam only to wonder how they could tell I was there, now I think I know...

My latest thing is sticking Semtex to people. Today playing Capture the Flag, guy on other team was running around with my fave thing, the riot shield. I stuck a semtex to his crotch when he put the shield off to the side. I laughed for about 5 minutes, I am sure he enjoyed watching the kill cam on that one

Finally moved into the world of HD. got a 32" samsung and all I can say is, wow. After playing games on a regular tv for years its like night and day. I actually find it easier to pick off far off targets now since they seem to pop out of the background quicker. A few times Ive been sniped watched the killcam only to wonder how they could tell I was there, now I think I know...

I know what your saying.... I'm always getting most scope kills or long shot accolades. I do like sniping/Camping... Used to love the Fal.... Now the ACR is right up there. Really like the low recoil with those weapons. Seems to take down people a little quicker with multi shots.. than using the Barret 50 cal.

A few times Ive been sniped watched the killcam only to wonder how they could tell I was there, now I think I know...

Amen to that. It's the people with the HD sick tv's that are killing ya with ease from across the map with iron sights. I got smoked by a guy in my ghille suit across Rundown wondering how in god's name that was possible. Still not sure, but the red dot found me. So I went and redid the kill cam shot with same setup on my friends 52in led 240hz samsung, ya, I wasn't camo'd the same as I was on my tv. Unreal the difference.