• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Delmon Rant

SkunkedAgain

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

delmon, could definately get around the bases faster...all of Cuddys trips and summersaults would slow him down

Hey Sled, after Cuddyers triple friday night, would you bet on that now?? He was actually flying around them bases, don't think Mr Young could do that

i can't take anyone who thinks cuddy is faster than young seriously.

If Delmons so fast, and I mean seriously, why do they always pinch run him when the games on the line? Must be either bad base running or lack of speed- so which is it? They just pich ran him last night, and it wasn't the first time. I can bet Young would not have legged out that triple Cuddy did friday night.

Condolences to the Young family.

Quote:
CHICAGO — Bonnie Young, mother of Twins outfielder Delmon Young, died Monday night at her home in Camarillo, Calif.

Young left the Twins after Thursday's game to be with his mother, who battled pancreatic and liver cancer for 3 1/2 months. Young will remain away from the team until after his mother's funeral, expected to be Saturday in Vicksburg, Miss.

Dmitri Young, Delmon's older brother and an infielder with the Washington Nationals who has been out all season with a hip strain, also was at the family's home this week.

Delmon Young has been on baseball's family emergency list since Friday, allowing the Twins to call up catcher Jose Morales to replace him. But the seven-day maximum stay will run out before his return, likely forcing the Twins to play a couple of games this weekend with a 24-man roster.

I know what's going on in his personal life, but, uh, yeah. He looks lost at the plate and in the field. 6 so's in 8 at bats.

Yeah it's bad, maybe he's just not ready to play...hasn't done much this year. Tied for 2nd last in XBH with minimum of 80 at bats or something like that.

OH my

check this out

the more he plays the better he gets!

Cuddy= 111 games 429 AB 58 RBI

Delmon= 76 games 268 AB 40 RBI

DELMON HAS MORE RBI PER AT BAT THAN CUDDY!

what makes it even more remarkable is what the OBP is of people that bat before these guys

I'm surprised that delmon is only that few rbi's behind cuddy given that cuddy's had a pretty decent season for extra base hits. maybe they need to move cuddy to batting 1st in the lineup as he really is a good batter when nobody is on base but his numbers drop considerably once a baserunner is on. given the weakness of the bottom of the lineup, he'd get a lot of opportunities to bat with bases empty.