• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jeff George a Viking??

fishersofmen

An article just came out today with Jeff George saying he wants to play for the Vikings. Here are a couple quotes....

“I’ve been trying to figure out how to get back in, and it just amazes me that I’m not on somebody’s roster,” George said. “I’ve been throwing two or three times a week, and every time I go out there to throw, I can’t believe I’m not a backup somewhere. I know it’s a young man’s game, but you can’t tell me I’m not better than some of the quarterbacks that are out there. I look at teams like Minnesota or Chicago, and I want to scream at the people in charge, ‘What are you thinking?’ ”

Yet the competitor in George can’t let it go, especially when he sees teams like the Vikings, for whom he put up huge numbers while going 8-2 as a starter in 1999, and the Cowboys, who struggled last season when Tony Romo missed several weeks with an injury and 40-year-old backup Brad Johnson was ineffective.

“If I was in Minnesota,” George said, “I guarantee I’d be wearing a ring right now. I just can’t get over why somebody like [coach] Brad Childress wouldn’t take a look at me and have me as the third guy on their roster. Put me in and I’ll pick up right where I left off in ’99, but this time with Adrian Peterson, so I wouldn’t have to throw it nearly as much.”

Yet when Childress, during the 2007 season, was asked if he had any interest in George, the coach was dismissive, saying, “Probably maybe [he could] go to a fantasy camp or something like that. ‘Downside’ would probably be, I think, kind.”

Does everyone see this as a joke, or would it be worth at least comparing him with the other two guys in training camp????

every year Jeff is saying that he should be on someone's team, and almost every year he throws out the Vikings name, at least that is how I see him. I think if he was still that good/valuable, he'd have been in the league the last few years. Wasn't it about 3 years ago he was Chicago's 3rd string QB?