Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BartmanMN

Turn over the bucket day

15 posts in this topic

Today would be a fantastic day to be sitting on the ol' bucket pulling in the pannies, however I am stuck at work.

Anyone make it out on this beautiful day of warm weather and falling pressure?

I was able to get out for about 1/2 hour.

Sled, hand auger, scoop, rod with jig and a dozen waxies...no flasher because I knew where they would be. Also had my AA bibs and Sorels stashed in my car and used my lunch hour to fish a nearby lake.

Caught half a dozen perch, couple were kind of fatties. Are they full of eggs already? They seemed out of proportion to the length.

I crammed a sandwich into my mouth on the way back to the office. It was great!

yea they are full of eggs i caught a couple about a month ago that were already full and looked ready to drop

Went out on Clearwater Lake near Nokay/Deerwood.

Caught my limit of crappies in a couple hours.

Was a mid-morning bite. They quit biting after 11:30am.

I wish it would've been a little warmer in the morning.

Was kinda chilly fishing on the ice. Should have brought the portable...

I was nursing a cold all day. I might make it out tomarrow with a hand full of dayquil and cough drops.

Got out with the kids today (6 4 and 3 yrs old) and had a blast. Went home with a nice bunch of crappies. Didn't even have to set up the shack until the sun set.

hole hopped this afternoon and ended up with 9 crappies not great but it works. And it was nice fishing in the open.

Went to the Croix out of Bayport and caught 7 craps (4 Keepers) 3 rock bass 1 perch and a nasty mud puppy. It was kinda windy, but tolerable for sure.

It was Seniors day out on the lake I was at. Sun was warm but the wind was cold. Met several retired fellas out enjoying the day.

I reversed what I normally do and sat outside in my t-shirt in the sun and had my rattle reels down in the fish house with the window open to hear them. Talk about enjoyable!!

I fished from 7am until dark and it was a awesome hole hopping day. Fishing wasnt the best but it was a beautiful day.

Ya the old Nils got a bit of a work out. Day off of work with nothing else to do = Northlander Fishing. wink