• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One Unlucky Buck

Tippman

Well tonight I just couldn't pass the opportunity up. This nice 10 came in at only 25 yrds along with another very heavy racked 10 I didn't have a shot at. He's gonna be right around the 130 mark I'm guessing. My goal was to score on a Pope and Young so hopefully he does it. He was a very big deer dressed out at 223lbs! My biggest weight-wise yet.

PB040030.jpg

PB040042.jpg

PB040045.jpg

Congrats tippman on a great buck!!! I'm pretty sure he will make P&Y he has great tine length.

For me I only shot one nice doe this season in WI and thats it so far, But my buddy got us a very nice river spot and I'm hunting it tomorrow for the second time ever and I'm pumped by the way you earned that smile. Great job!!!!!!!!

Great deer! Way to go.

I think you may have underestimated his score. I'm gomma guess closer to 140". Let us know when you put a tape to him.

Again, congrats!

Im sure you must hunt private land, but how did you originially get hooked up with such a good piece of property? The only reason why I ask is because as I recall, you stuck a nice buck last year as well...Im just curious. Really nice buck man.

Congrats Tippman,

Beautiful buck and it looks like a wall hanger to me. I would settle for just one side of his rack now the way my season is going.

Again AWESOME Buck and great job. Any background or more details you can share on shot placement and how far until he expired?

mr

Way to go Tipp - heckuva nice buck! He's not real wide but his g3's make up for it. I think he'll easily make the book... net in the low-mid 30's. What did his buddy tagging along look like? You've got yourself a gem of a spot with whitetails and turks... no doubt.

Im sure you must hunt private land, but how did you originially get hooked up with such a good piece of property? The only reason why I ask is because as I recall, you stuck a nice buck last year as well...Im just curious. Really nice buck man.

Because it's my parents land wink. I have three different areas I hunt with multiple stands on each all within a 20 minute drive from St. Cloud. If I had recovered my 13 ptr last year before the neighbor did I would have gone the last 3 years shooting 200+ pound deer with my bow.

I didn't get a good look at the first buck because of brush in the way. All I could tell was heavy and 10 point frame. I tried grunting at him without any luck. I hit my buck a little far back, I could see it was a liver shot right away. Usually I stop the deer before I shoot but there wasn't any branches in the way for the arrow to deflect and I didn't want him to run so I shot walking. He jumped up and kicked both sets of legs out exactly as a previous P & Y did I shot in the same spot. My Aramid arrow (kevlar reinforced and known for it's toughness) was still sticking out a few inches and snapped off while he was running away. He made it 120 yrds.

He looks bigger in the pictures than he really is. I didn't get a tape to him yet but I estimated he's got about a 15 inch inside spread with 9 inch tines. He is very similar to a previous pope and young that scored 133 5/8. I included a pic.

Lastly here's one for you. I tagged my deer right away in the field of course triple tying a string through holes on both sides of the bend. I saw the tag on him while I was getting his weight. Then I drove it to Big Lake to my fathers work to show it around and put it in some cool storage. One of the guys asked where my tag was and upon lifting the leg to show him it was missing! So here I have an illegal deer in the back of my truck all of a sudden and didn't even do a dang thing wrong. I have no idea what happened. So then I ran to Holiday with my brother and just bought a duplicate tag.

PB050052.jpg