• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

October 24-26th destinations

cjac

Hey all,

Time for the roll-call of weekend plans:

I'm looking at a tiger run for a couple hours on Saturday morning before family stuff and somewhere West metro on Sunday. Weather doesn't sound good for Sunday but we'll give it a go. Maybe 'tonka or Indy......any suggestions? Fletcher's to watch football and have a beer based on the weather may be another option! wink

Lets hear the plans, fishing or hunting!

I ended up pullin one out of there last weekend. Had a couple other close calls. Bulldogs, dcg's, and suckers all moved fish for me and that's about all I tried. People I was talking to at the ramp had good things to say about the last couple weeks. Would be up there again if I weren't working.

I'll be fishing somewhere this weekend. I haven't been out in 2 weeks, so we'll see how it goes. Chance of snow on Sunday with 30 mph wind? I can't wait.

Yep. I'm thinking about doing some wind trolling. That kind of wind and the right swimbait or spinnerbait and you've got yourself a lazy afternoon, assuming you've picked a lake oriented correctly. Almost as lazy as the time we trolled along shore and back to the boat launch without touching the steering wheel; if we needed to turn everyone shifted to the same side of the boat.

Hiya -

Saturday I'm going to be running around in the woods fixing deer stands and pulling out the dock at the cabin (no more swimmin' this year - *sniff*). If I get my chores done early enough Saturday I may sneak out for a couple hours Sat evening somewhere, then bright and early Sunday morning I'm headed to beautiful Lake of the Woods for the annual end of October troll-o-rama. 6 days of dawn to dusk. Can't freaking wait...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I really want to find time on Saturday to do some trolling on a metro lake before this cold front moves in, but the leaves on my lawn and the sprinkler system I haven't blown out yet have a different plan for me this weekend.

If I get lucky I'll see you on Harriet RincRat.

I may get out but even though Jredig gives me [PoorWordUsage] for it once there are ducks to chase my mind totally switches gears. That said i could always soak a sucker between the decoys on Bald Eagle.

Good luck to you all this weekend.

-erik

Any word on White Bear or Waconia? I hit Tonka Monday, lake hadn't turned yet, we had a 49" in the first 5 minutes and that was it for 3 hours. Have the chance to go tomorrow and haven't decided on WBL or Tonka yet?

Any comments to sway me??

Went out on Tonka tonight for a few hours..just throwin girls, no fish to show, had 54Deg. out in the main lake outside wayzata...talked to one guy that got a 30"...heading out tomorrow morning, not sure where? and i actually might have an open seat as well, anyone got a promising spot they wanna go to?

Results for anyone?

I fished all afternoon on forest, 3 fish sighted, one ate the tail off my mag dawg no hooks, doh! The other two were more incidental sightings, I don't think they followed, just kinda showed up WELL after my lure was out of the water. Pretty gloomy reports from everyone else I talked too and some friends who were out there too.

Some guy got a 48 yesterday though, they are eating!

Fished hard yesterday and all day today with a big goose egg. My worst back to back fishing days of the year. Rained all day yesterday for the most part and today we got the wind. Tomorrow is suppose to be worse, so I'm staying home. Talked to others at the landing and nobody caught anything either, oh well.

Wow, same luck here fished Mantrap hard both days had one low 40 inch fish come off in the rain Friday. We fished real hard today throwing jakes,DCG,spinnerbaits and moved 5 fish but couldn't get any to bite. Talked to one guy that pulled in a 40 during the rain Friday though. Did anyone else have any luck?