• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clark Kent Fasteel

Dont know much bout ol Clark Kent fasteel but have heard various reports from absolute dogsheet to wouldnt shoot nothin else. So my ? is whats every1's opinion of Kent ? I myself primarily stick to feds. ON a sidenote I was somewhat impressed wit BC but $$ will prob keep me from purchasin more .Thats were Kent comes into play as its inexpensive but Im not entirely sold on the product since I've never shot it. Any input is appreciated. Thnx

Pretty much all I shoot as well.... But on a side note I was checked by a C.O. on Pool 7 last year and he pretty much made fun of me for shooting Kent saying I mine as well be shooting blanks... I respectfully disagree with him confused

DSCF1017.jpg

I shot FastLead this weekend at roosters and a buddy who also shot FastLead had a shell in the box that had about 4 or 5 BB's in it and hardly any powder at all. I put it in my gun and shot it and it made a real quiet "whump" and the wad got stuck in the barrel. Glad I was shooting the over under and could look down the barrel before i loaded it back up or I might have been in trouble. But besides that one shell, I have shot a lot of FastSteel and have been happy with it.

well it seems there ia alot of good to be said . With that being said IS there any downside to these shells? I'll prob. go ut in get a box or 2 n see what i think althogh I'm still skeptical as a few guys @ work have realy slammed Kent,much like that post where the co referred to em as "blanks"

I have not had a dud in the last five or so years, but like everything out their, nothing is perfect I have found that the light load 3.5" 3 shot is stellar get the 1.25oz not the 1-3/8oz the light load is faster

Anyone ever actually pattern it through their gun?

My BPS doesn't like loads with veolicties over 1500 fps. Very inconsistent patterns. I've put several Kent loads through it. Each gun has it's own preferences when I hear "it's great in the double, autoloader, in the slough, or for pheasants" I really wonder.

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Da_Der
Support local business - shoot Federal shells. Made in Anoka, MN , USA.

Be ethical. Pattern your shotgun and shoot whatever gives you the most confidence in cleanly killing birds.

Agreed. Most people aren't gonna pattern their guns though. If you don't want to do the research, spend the extra couple bucks to support MN business.