• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabill

mozy

You don't hear much about them on here. Is there something bad about them? I was looking at the new Trekker II and it seemed pretty nice with a decent price tag. Just wondering if they are something to stay away from.

I had some Frabil houses in the past and they were just fine. Poles werent the best but they are improved now. Canvas was good. I still have my old Speedshack XL I think it was called.

All around as far as tub design, canvas and for sure the poles I prefer my Otters way more. I feel they are more drable.

The thing with houses is go to a shop/show and look at all the houses and see what you think will work best for you and whats in your price range and go from there.

As I always say if you get a flip over style house put the yfax on it you will have a tub that will last a long long time then.

Mozy~

Frabill make some very nice quality and durable shacks for a nice tag. They've got 4 new models coming out this year, a Commando(deluxe 1 man); Trekker DLX, Predator and R2tec 7080. The last 3 are all 2 man houses with the quality going up in the order they are listed. The R2tec is the king of all houses, being it's insulated, has a great new tub design as well as a new pole system with self lubricating bushings. The Predator is the same just without the insulated canvas.

They've got the best seats in the business too, and I'm not the only one that will tell you that wink

I've had Frabills as long as I've been ice fishing and they've been good to me out on the ice smile

Well I figured they were fine, my dad has a Ranger XLTwin that's a few years old and it seems like a fine fish house with good seats. The only problem I've noticed with it is the poles can be a little "sticky" and I need something a little lighter, it can be a bit to handle trying to get in the back of the truck by myself.

The new seats are much sweeter than the ones in the previous Twins. I have ran Frabill's for many years now and the comfort and convenience built into the new line is tough to beat.

The Treeker DLX is a value packed package. The new Comando is a sweet DLX 1 man. The Glide Track models are the best towables made to date.

The R2-Tech's...well, they are hot to trot.

Lots of new options in the Frabill line this season for sure.