• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Went dove hunting this morning and................

realized my aim is much better with my Canon than my gun. grin After a few futile attempts with the doves, I decided to drive around a bit and look for hawks. I always see a couple around this area near the backroads. I saw this guy from a distance and decided to stalk him. Every few feet I'd take a couple shots. I finally got within a respectable distance, and off he went. These are my first "keeper' hawk shots.

2828429132_842d5f4d8f_o.jpg

2828468668_9f21352ded_o.jpg

2828436926_7124ec3b9b_o.jpg

Juvenile red-tails often lack all of the red. Some paler adult morphs also have very little red.

And, for future reference, a broad-winged hawk is slightly smaller than the average crow, so there's a big size difference between it and the red-tailed.