Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rebel9921

Congrats to Ole Matty... *Photos Added*

21 posts in this topic

Yepper... he got his new personal best... a beautiful 42" White Bear Lake muskie... hit a custom Black/Orange Gerry Girl at approx 9:20pm... The best feeling was watching the whole release process... and she really helped whole lot with the release as when she thrashed a bit in the net, she unhooked herself... Matty escalated himself to a whole different level... big difference between that Forest Lake Muskie from last year and the WBL muskie last nite... Cant wait to see the pics uploaded!!!

He also had a nice 40-inch class torpedo his Showgirl but she missed the lure...

I didnt get anything... but at least I got my new gloves and new net slimed!!! makes the money spent worthwhile!!!

that was good time! never tho its was muskie at first felt so light tap and rod just bend all of sudden at frist i was confuse a lil bit. tho it was northern or thick weeds then i saw the head and lure surfaced and tail was like 3 n half feet behind it. i was like oh holy i have to get this in fast! so i startin to reel in as its approachin boat its start to do their infamous death roll till larry netted it.. it was really nice one and not bad for my first "legal" muskie and first time on wbl ever,and the gerry girls arrived in mail yesterday morning to make it even better!

man i KNEW we shoulda gone to WBL last night... got denied on Bald Eagle, had 2 boats with 2 guys each from 7 PM until 2:30 AM

Heres the Muskie... resting in the net...

196.jpg

Next two are of Ole Matty and his "trophy"... He got SLIMED good!!!

197.jpg

198.jpg

next two... beautiful release I told y'all about earlier...

199.jpg

200.jpg

I did take a pic of her swimming away but its too dark and too hard to see anything...

nice one. is that a mississippi strain? nice golden color or bronze? can't tell for sure. too young for a wisc. i think... but whaddo i know, aint fished there alot of late.

Nice fish ole matty! Congrats! My bro Erik told me about it earlier today.

Nice fish, congrats on the catch and the work you put in prior to this fish. Well done! Couple nice pics too, I really like the release pics!

nice one. is that a mississippi strain? nice golden color or bronze? can't tell for sure. too young for a wisc. i think... but whaddo i know, aint fished there alot of late.

I wouldnt know how to tell if it was the Miss or Wisc strain... ... But she sure looked similar to my 43" I caught on Mille Lacs last year... She had a nice olive green back...

Nice work boys. It was good to see you. Larry, you have to at least try that pink mess I gave you one time!

I fished for about 3 hours until just after 3. No skis for me - 1 blow up on a topradier just after I saw you near the point on Manitou. Who says pike don't eat at night?! I caught three - go figure... We're off to Rainy tomorrow AM so I guess I'll finally give my bass and walleye gear some work.

Oh trust me Hugobox... I'll be trying it in the fall...

We got off the water about 2:30... We hit the rock bar HARD... twice... with no luck except for that torpedo that missed Matty's DSG...

Bring back stories and pictures from Rainy!!! No thats not a request, thats an order grin

After long hours of hard lookin at the pics.*which I put it on wall at my work!* I m very certain its wisc strain. But it had dots on the fins so I dunno if its normally for wisc strain muskies?