• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My new bow!!

Sorry about all the crying about choosing a new bow. It was all worth it today when I got to go pick it up. A HUGE thumbs up to Neil at Cabin Fever for getting me all setup! He asked if I was sure and when I nodded my head the wheels were in motion. About an hour later I had a new PSE X-Force in 60lb weight with 29" DL, HHA 5019 sight, Ripcord rest and the new Octane stabilizer!!!

Oh man is this thing sweet! I can't wait to get the sight tape on the sight so I can really start using this thing.

A guy at the shop was really interested in my bow so he asked if I would chrono it against his. My bow set at 60lbs with a 390 grain arrow shot 296 FPS!!! crazygringrin Thats 75.89 KE, from a 60lb bow.

Here it is

Archery002-1.jpg

Read your post the other day and was going to put in my .02. But figured you already had good enough advice. That beeing, go with what suits you, what you are comfortable with. I will have to say i think you made an excellent choice. I just bought the same bow about a month ago. There may be quiter smoother bows out there but this one is pretty darn good considering the performance you get out of it. Give em a few more years and they will come out with a high speed bow that is ultra quiet and smooth. Then we will be buying new ones again. the cycle never ends. Enjoy the new bow. Congrats.

Also, just thought i would share this with you. I have mine set at 70#'s, 29" draw with 440 grn arrows. I am getting 306fps with 91 Ft Lbs of KE. So you have alot of potential for more speed and KE if you ever feel you need it.

Aww [PoorWordUsage] - now he's going to be outshooting me again.

Seriously dude... I'm glad the agonizing is over and you have your new toy. My wife's going to be unhappy when she sees me drooling over new bows though.

Just remember on that HHA sight - ALWAYS CHECK THE TAPE before you get out in the field (remember last time at the range??) smile

nice nice bow hami, cabin fever is an awsome shop! neil is very willing to help out with any question i had. it was my first time shooting and i am getting my first bow soon. being a newby i had a very good time at cabin the other night shooting with powerstroke and learning a lot of things from staff.

NICE, I'm also going to be getting a bow this year, havent hunted deer since the early 70's man has stuff changed. I'm working with a guy at GM and getting schooled up before I can even think about making a purchase, but I've been holding a few ..

congrats on your purchase.

Tom.

A little more tweaking this weekend and I think its locked in. I was having a loud buzz and it turned out the stabilizer was defective. I don't know how long till they can get a new one, but I've got a Vibracheck on there for now. It is much quieter.

I changed modules and am drawing about 28 1/2 right now. Its much more comfortable and I'm more consistent too since I'm not drawing too long.