Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davesfriend

Boat names?

41 posts in this topic

Anybody still name their boat? I was thinking on it and can not for the life of me figure out what to name it. Any suggestions would be greatly accepted. If you want to see it. Page 19 of rigs for 2008. Thanks

Ya I got two boats water worthy a 16 ft. and a 14 ft. Ones name is the big boat and the other is named the little boat. grinsmirksick

The best one I ever saw was on Minnetonka written upside down,

Don't Panic

Or the guy who proposed to his girlfriend, she said no, he returned the ring and bought a boat the named it

Katie's Ring

Mine's named "LIL MAYHEM"... My 1998 Dodge Ram's named "LIL BABY"... perfect...

My buddy had a boat, well more that a boat. A 32 footer that was used on Lake Superior. He named her the CINJAN. Cindy was his daughters name and Jan was his wifes name.

I got an old 14 footer that runs occasionally. I put "PUSH" stickers on the back, and "PULL" stickers on the front. That way people know what to do when she's having one of her little "temper tantrums". hehehe.

I saw a big Ranger with every top-of-the-line whistle and bell that one could put on a boat. It was hooked to a Lincoln Navigator with a custom paint job to match the metal flake of the boat and trailer. On the side of the boat was the name in at least 18 inch letters "Never Enough".

Ms Abbie Normal. From daughter Abbie and our favorite movie 'Young Frankenstein'.

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks!]

Dale Earnhardt's (Sr.) boat was called "Sunday Money"

I saw an old really beat up boat called "The Old Dock Scratcher"

Just remeber, you can't think to hard for a boat name, just wait for something to come too you. I'm still waiting, it's been 3 years now...

"No D... Good"

You have to look close to see it, but it is there.

Just another reminder that things you do when you are drunk and stupid stay with you for a while. I painted it on and clear coated it, so I must have ment it.

I was kinda thinkin maybe a little more possitive. My kids (11 y/o daughter and my 6 y/o boy fish with me). So far I have come up with like "Still Waters" or "Catchin'Em" I was thinking "EYE CATCHER" My wife did not really like that one. I don't know. Hopefully something will come to me.

Remember guys.. this is a family site.. please keep it clean.

Thanks!

marine_man

My brother stayed with me the last 3 month's of his life, and to take his mind off his illness we researched boats on the internet. At the time I had a 1983 Starcraft that we just hated (long story), before he passed away we both decided that we liked the Lund 1650 Rebel. He sold his car and gave me the money and made me promise to buy a boat with it, so I kicked in the difference and boat the Lund Rebel. I named it " 4U Mikey ", everytime I take it fishing, I feel like he is right there with me.

Memory Maker

Chores r dun

Kids inheritance

My brother stayed with me the last 3 month's of his life, and to take his mind off his illness we researched boats on the internet. At the time I had a 1983 Starcraft that we just hated (long story), before he passed away we both decided that we liked the Lund 1650 Rebel. He sold his car and gave me the money and made me promise to buy a boat with it, so I kicked in the difference and boat the Lund Rebel. I named it " 4U Mikey ", everytime I take it fishing, I feel like he is right there with me.

Awesome story Barb, couldn't think of a better name. I'm sure he's with you everytime.

One of my grandfathers many nicknames was "Link", aka - missing link. He was one of a kind. Well when my dad bought his first boat it quickly got named "Missing Link" Each subsequent boat got dubbed missing link. A nice rememberance of my grandfather and it keeps people wondering.

One of my best friends recently inherited a big boat. He has very little boating experience and took slamming the dock once to realize boats have no brakes, lol. After watching him drive the first time he got dubbed Captain Nemo and so did his boat...

p7041614nl5.jpg

This has turned out to be more fun than I thought. I love to read these stories. I may do something in rememberancs of my Father-in-Law who passed away on Millacs a while back.

It's bad luck to have a boat with no name.

The office - this one is good in principle but it's really common.

Wet Dreams - my uncle's boat

Carson's College Fund - or your kid's name

Happy Hooker - for a fishing boat

Fuel Hater

Fraid Knot

A few years ago I bought a Sportfish fixer-upper. This boat looked like it had gone through a hurricane......so my neighbor dubbed her "Katrina". I thought it was a little insensitive at first due to all the problems in New Orleans after Katrina but it stuck.

Wo how does everyone put their names on the fishing boats? Do you just put it on the back next to the motor? I've been wanting to do it, just never got around to it. Been thinking of Lizzy Lyn after my daughter. After reading Barb's, I might have to steal a little and put "4U Dad". My Dad is still with us, but has gone through a lot and my biggest joy is taking him out whenever he's in the cities.