• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good Morning-Weekend Edition

I was told to use the cheaper filters too here in AZ where the A/C is on more than heat.  I buy the 3 pack from HD and change once a month.  With 2 labs and desert dust, they are pretty much done in a month.  I had a washable one but it was a pain, to clean, dry, and put back together.  My wife actually turned A/C a couple weeks ago as it was pretty warm here for Jan.  We will have a few more weeks of cool weather (for us) and then summer will be here.  I turned A/c on last year end of Feb and turned heat on first of Dec.  Not looking forward to the heat again.

Mornin Boober! I just poured my second cup, and got a fire going out in the garage. -26 according to the thermometer outside, and a pretty good breeze.  I won't be doing much outside for a while either. I don't have much planned for the day either, but I'll find something to do out in the garage anyways.

Morning guys!!! A balmy -15 here in the city!!! First cup 'o cawfee goin' down! Oh Juneau, hope ya get that mess cleaned up from that lying touchdown...my butt! he did not have control of that ball! That was NOT a TD! They lost anyway, so...:grin:

Keep warm guys...I had to  bump my heat to 65 deg, it's always at 64, which is just right for me. Nothing on the agenda here, except stuff my face to keep warm. Don't stick yer tongues on any metal poles today.  :P

Edited by RebelSS

Morning boys. -22 here.  Got the stove in the garage going too.  We keep the heat in the house set at 69.  Man 65 is a little cool for us.  We have a pellet stove in the front room where we usually hang.  Keep it going 24-7 and have a little fan blowing the heat to the rest of the house.  Really like it.  Second year of having it.  Takes some cleaning ashes and daily upkeep though...  Finally got my fish house out on the river yesterday.  Lots of ice now.  I was getting lazy and decided to get with the program.  Had a couple of bites but no fish.  Got started late but felt good to be in the house..... Listened to the game on AM till  it faded out.  Would be fun to watch it in the fishhouse.  Oh well.  Can't wait for the games today.  Going to be fun.  I picked yesterdays game right in our pool at work.  Today I have the Panthers and Broncos.  Well have a good day today.  Nice to have tomorrow off too.  Just going to cook burgers today.  Nothing special but I really like them.  Later....

I'm grumpy.  Cell phones, kind of hate em and heres another reason, "selective usage".  

Around 1030 last night wife and oldest son, who weren't home, suddenly had selective usage syndrome.  I just wanted to go to bed knowing where everyone was and when they'd be home.   I will leave it there.  Son and wife are on my list today. 

I thought about making the caramel corn thing that you mix up in a grocery bag today and maybe a roast for garlicky sandwiches for dinner.

Edited by leechlake

25 minutes ago, leechlake said:

I'm grumpy.  Cell phones, kind of hate em and heres another reason, "selective usage".  

Around 1030 last night wife and oldest son, who weren't home, suddenly had selective usage syndrome.  I just wanted to go to bed knowing where everyone was and when they'd be home.   I will leave it there.  Son and wife are on my list today. 

I thought about making the caramel corn thing that you mix up in a grocery bag today and maybe a roast for garlicky sandwiches for dinner.

If ya throw that roast in the bag too, ya could have some fun crunchy sandwiches....:P

I can't believe I'm saying this but that was an interesting read of a typical road trip of a married couple.  I'm sure her scoreboard showed a little different score but I will humor you and agree.  I will also say a belt can be a leash, or a string, or a rope or some tape, just my tip you weren't asking for.

Ever think back to how road trips changed over the years.  For example, pre-kids.  No controversy at all, heck sometimes you even had to find a spot along the way to stop and "check out the scenery".  

Wow!  The Boar Trilogies!   Good read! :tired:

My road trips: *CLICK* CD in....Clapton live" starts playing......da dadadadda doo da nair nair ...."ahh", move seat back...humming to music.....*poot*  small fart......zzzzzt...window down a crack......humming to music..scenery passes by for an hour.....pull in, stop. "Hey guys!!! I made it! :grin:

There is something to be said for the single life.....

Edited by RebelSS

Don't worry boar, it'll get worse. Trust me on this one. :D

Made 'er back from The Barn all in one piece. Riding the bus was the ticket today. No backseat driving from Mrs. Cheviot and I could actually get a look at the Twin Cities rather than worrying about some teeny bopper talking on their cell phone or texting while driving. I didn't know the Foshay Tower was no longer the tallest building in Minneapolis! ;)

Good morning, we are on the northern edge of winter storm Jonas so only got about 6" but still snowing. 3:30am & have to go shovel & plow the coffee shop lot & driveway before opening, after making a pot for me first. Then I guess it's just a day of watching college b-ball if no one calls off

Just woke up in the wheel house and found this thread.  Good stuff.  Made me think about Labs and my furnace.  Just remembered I forgot to turn down the furnace when I left home yesterday.  I usually set it at 54 when I head out of town.  I left it at 59.  The mild weather should help me so I don't pay CenterPoint too much money.  

Good Morning!!  Getting ready to head up to Grindstone this morning.  First time out on my favorite lake.  Going to stick to the shallows for rainbows today.  Got too busy yesterday to put the wheeler on the trailer so I'll be pulling my portable with all the stuff on it.  Can't go to my favorite spot this way but I don't have to go far for a chance at the roving rainbows.  Trick is to get away from other people.  Less noise, chances better.  good luck.

Mornin all, good luck to everyone fishing today,  I'm not but it sure was nice to sleep in. A couple of fatties getting smoked later so I'll post how they go later...might be meeting my daughters boyfriend friend tonight so why not smoke a couple. :eek: