• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SNOW!

knoppers

of course it hits Iowa first. which is OK, we need to freeze the ground first, and with this storm in Iowa, it means cold temps here. so far its a perfect setup for the year.

give snow reports here as you get them.

let it snow!

drove by ERX in elk river today, and there was many sleds riding the course on the man made snow there. with all the trailers there, either it was a good day for practice, or there was actually some racing today.

Well big whoopy-ti-do! I have 3" of slop in my driveway and it's going to be 42 and sunny on Sat. I think the weather folks were just a little to excited to play with all their charts and toys. Next! :(

before it started snowing yesterday I bet a meteorologist we wouldn't get 4 inches by midnight.  I won in the NW suburbs,  I did have to drive about 7 miles last night on some back roads.  The driving was terrible though.  I have an atv with plow and for the first time in years I took out my light double shovel and shoveled the driveway by hand around 10pm.

there talkin like we could get some snow late this weekend, but again mid week next week. the only problem is all this warm weather has thawed everything out. this could be another bad snow year, but there is hope, we have started to get the storms to come in, we just need the cold.

There is enough to get on the sleds in the Crosslake area, but not sure yet if enough to even groom. Will know tomorrow when I get back up there :)

There was probably about total of 6ish or so inches on ground last Sunday.

1 hour ago, MN Mike said:

Any reports from this snowfall today?

I'm thinking we are at about 4 inches today, wind is starting to pick up now.

Picked up 7" last week...... it's starting to add up!!!

Mike

Really Mike, Isn't sledding MN after out west kind of like trying to fish Mille Lacs for Walleyes now after fishing Canada? Do you still have any fun? :)

Edited by leech~~

It's all fun....... I do love going to the mountains but I enjoy sledding around here too, it just makes it easier with the sled I have ;) cattails are not that much of an issue anymore when you can skip over the top :D

Looking for some snow / trail info is anyone makes it to International Falls / Rainy / Crane Lake in the next few weeks.

Kind of have my eye on getting up that way if it works around mid February, it's been a few years.

Thanks!

Mike

Edited by MN Mike

I finally got out last Sunday in the Emily area. Only went for about 60 miles, but the trails weren't too bad. But as it got warmer it started to get a bit greasy so I went back and ice fished about 11 am. Was nice to be out, but I could tell my knees aren't in sledding shape yet, haha! 

I think this snowmageddon is going to miss Xlake unfortunately...