• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Viking Surprises

Bobby Bass

So many things wrong that need attention but the team has improved. Playoffs look like we will make it where as no one was talking about that in the beginning of the season. The common thread was the Packers were going to run away with it, well it looks like they are going to have to win it this season. As great as Peterson is he is only a 1st and 2nd down player. I saw some stats today that have him only rushing at a 1.7 yard per carrier when Teddy is in the shotgun. Teddy's number go up dramatically when he is in the shotgun and go down when he takes snaps behind the center. Peterson is a horrible blocker and he is not going to improve. Sooner or later this is going to have to be Teddy's team with runners who can run from the shotgun. Not this year but maybe next? in order to come from behind in games you need to be able to throw the ball, this team is grind it out on the ground and count on your D, as we saw against Seattle that does not always work.

I was surprise at the Bears score, Teddy threw some nice balls and more then a few players stepped up their game. Wallace comes to mind with a good catch down the middle for a big gainer and DIggs wants the ball and knows what to do with hit. Nice game from mckinnen doing what he was drafted for and the pass blocking was passable as suddenly the game plan was like what people have been calling for. Quick slants, rollouts and Teddy throwing on first down. Game ball to the defense, even short handed they played well and the three starters may be coming back next week. Great experience for the fill-ins who look like they can be relied on when needed.

I like those numbers up above, slightly better then Ponder's #'s with 1 less game or 37 less pass attempts with an older AP and a less then stellar O-line. Now if Tedward could copy Aaron Rodgers and I don't mean with QB skills I mean not having girlfriends or females to worry about makes playing sports a lot easier ask Joe Mauer.

Come on admit it ! You are a little surprised that the Vikes are in the playoffs and in the hunt for the division championship! A Viking game that this late in the year still has meaning... Football in MN in January!!! And they did it with just one Pro Bowler, which is another topic all by itself...

Ya I like Diggs too.  Lots of our guys look like they are getting confident.  They are young and I hope they hang in there. These you D backs are doing alright.  Tonight against NYG will be a real test as to how good we really are.  We don't do night games well so let's see if times are changing. 

The Packers got taken behind the woodshed this afternoon. Seems the future Hall of Fame Packer QB did not fare so well against the Arizona pass rush. Losing 38-8 is a little embarrassing. Packers also lost a few players during the game which may or may not effect next weeks game with MN The middle just might have open up some for Peterson. Now we need MN to step up against the Giants tonight and make next weeks game mean something!

Come on admit it ! You are a little surprised that the Vikes are in the playoffs and in the hunt for the division championship! 

Stunned, shocked and bewildered would be more like it.

We showed up against Arizona and almost won, and Arizona is just thrashing the Cheeseheads big time right now at 30-0.  We are the future of our division.  good luck.

I thought you agreed that Vikings loss against Arizona wasn't a "moral victory"? I guess it was now.

What was the score the last time the Vikings played Green Bay?
The Rams beat Seattle, the Vikings got killed by San Francisco and the Giants almost beat Carolina too so you can't gauge how good the Vikings are by the wins and losses of other teams. 

Maybe the Vikings will get Lucky and the Packers will rest Rodgers and other players for the playoffs otherwise next week's game may be tougher than some may think. When a team has your number they have your number, ask Seattle.

I agree with you Dave, but I never said anything about a moral victory.  I said we showed up and  the Cheesheads did not.  They just got beat worse, pathetic would be too kind.  They looked like the Vikings against the 49'rs in their 1st game. There are no moral victory's.  good luck.

SUPRISE! !  Vikings made the playoffs!

Suprise,  the New York Giants didn't make the trip to Minnesota, or so it seemed.  I really had my worries.

Now if we show up in Green Bay next Sunday.  I still worry about prime time games, though.  At least I should be able to make it home in time for the game now.

I can't say I'm surprised.   The cheeseheads just are not the team they were last year.  We are not the consistant team we should be yet but sure getting better.   The Giants were a tough team a week ago against the then unbeaten Panthers.  Last night they looked like us against the 49rs on our first game, or worse.   The Vikings earned the playoff spot with a 10-5 record.  They played great last night.  Even Walsh impressed me yesterday with his long kicks in the 13 degree weather.  Now it's off to Green Bay to take the title away from the cheeseheads.  good luck.

Even Walsh impressed me yesterday with his long kicks in the 13 degree weather.  

Did he impress you when he doinked an extra point off the left upright?:grin:

The Giants were a tough team a week ago against the then unbeaten Panthers.  

The Giants are just another team with a losing record who had absolutely nothing to play for. 

So were the Rams, Falcons, and Ravens.  All 3 are losing teams with nothing to play for but they beat teams that were playing for playoff spots and a perfect season.   

By your logic the Panthers should apologize for padding their record with the weakest schedule in the NFC and the second weakest schedule in the entire NFL. 

By your logic the Panthers should apologize for padding their record with the weakest schedule in the NFC and the second weakest schedule in the entire NFL. 

if you want to be thin skinned, you could read that into what I said but what I really said is that people should calm down a bit because the Vikings have yet to prove they can beat a winning team.

I guess I don't see anyone getting too excited over last nights game. Only one comment about the Giants not showing up.  Not much rah-rah-rah going on here that I can see. 

Maybe you are reading too much into the other posts and your reflex to dismiss all Vikings wins kicked in a little too soon.   

I guess I don't see anyone getting too excited over last nights game. Only one comment about the Giants not showing up.  Not much rah-rah-rah going on here that I can see. 

Maybe you are reading too much into the other posts and your reflex to dismiss all Vikings wins kicked in a little too soon.   

You probably need to go back and read the thread, there are plenty of gems just like this one.........

We are the future of our division. 

Like that one Dave, LOL.  Well being a couch expert I see the Lions and Bears not doing so well.  Packers to me are not the same and I look at the Vikings as getting better with Zimmer and his staff.  So yes, at this point I see the Vikings as having a better future in our division than the other teams at this point.  Rodgers isn't getting any younger [but still great in my opinion].  So unless the Packers find another Rodgers I don't see them winning many division titiles in the near future.  Vikings are a young talented team with a great coaching staff.  Good future.  good luck.

Rodgers isn't getting any younger [but still great in my opinion].  So unless the Packers find another Rodgers I don't see them winning many division titiles in the near future.  

LOL, Rodgers is only 32. For all any of us know he might have 8-10 more years left in him. There's a chance he outlasts Theodore! And Peterson isn't getting any younger either.

The Packers need to find another extremely talented franchise QB in order to win division titles but the Vikings don't? LOL.