• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bucket List Cars

Petty sweet Dotch.

I'm sitting here at the bench stirring primer with one hand and thumb typing on my phone with the other. I got the epoxy on the galaxie this morning.

IMG_20141218_125000851_zpsofnzbsvi.jpg

I'm spraying surfacer tonight and I start final blocking in the morning.

Glad you are saving the flatty and not stuffing a SBC in there.

full-35273-52155-whiteiroc3gen2.jpg

This was the first car I ever drove well through 100 mph. grin

A friend of mine that has bought, sold, restored and still collects some vehicles cycled one of these through his stable for 1 year. Unlike his Road Runners, Camaros, Cudas, and such, he bought this one to "Beat the livin' bleep out of" and then sell. Anyone who wanted to giver a rip got to. Man those were some CRAZY rides.

This was the most powerful car I almost bought. I thought the guy was asking too much for a '73 when I could (and did) get a '79 for less. DOH!

full-17997-52907-33959042_100_02x.jpg

This SD 455 could be mine right now for a cool $175,000.

It looks like it would cost me 20k to get that '79 back.

Great thread!

Most impressive car I've personally driven so far is a Mercedes AMG CL55 Kompressor. In standard off the showroom floor was good for an electronically-limited 155mph. Fully uncorked, only for track days, good for more than 200mph.

The essentially 500hp supercharged V8, coupled with fully active 3-axis electro-hydraulic suspension was phenomenal. A genuine supercar.

I had an 85 Trans Am w/ T Tops, 5.0 TPI and Good Year Gatorbacks. Great car.

My first Camaro was an 84 Z/28 with the HO 305 carbed engine. Was ok, considering that HO option included a pretty steep for the time 3.73 rear end.

My current Sunday driver is a torch red 91 Z/28 5.7 TPI with a few bolt-ons. Not real quick by today's standards but it still rolls out on the top end fairly decently. Pic later...

Asked a Ford guru about that model and he said it could've come with any of several V8's including a 260, 289, 352, 390 or 427. He also claimed the Gophers were going to win their basketball game yesterday...lol.

Howdy guys, this isn't my car, I rebuilt the car, (I own and operate a classic auto restoration business).

I coded this car out when I got it, it originally had a Z code 390, three on the tree with overdrive, and get this, 3:00 gears in the rear. Wow, talk about top end. Overdriven ahead if 3 to 1 gears.

Anyways, it was born a galaxie 500, black. Most of the original split bench interior was missing, the engine was an FE, but later on after checking the stroke I discovered it was a 352. The original overdrive trans was also missing, in its place was a non OD 3 spd and somebody cut a huge hole in the floor and jerry rigged a crappy floor shifter in there.

I took the car down to a bare empty shell, cut out and replaced a bunch of metal, straightened the body....

This would be a massive post if I tried to list everything I did.

It got some new glass, I come up with XL bucket seat interior for it which we recovered with original reproduction materials. I changed it to a factory 4 speed setup, with a top loader 4 spd, correct factory shifter and counsel... All new interior from the carpet to the headliner, side to side, front to back, its all fresh.

I tested the compression on the 352 and it seems like a healthy engine, we decided to just clean it up, fresh gaskets etc.

Its coming back together right now, very pretty body, these are just beautiful cars.

FB_IMG_1424141389238_zpshciigalr.jpg

I'm starting a 69 mach 1 soon, you guys will probably like that one.