• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GULP! Minnow Heads

kfk

They are awesome awesome awesome. I have mentioned bunch of times in other posts how well they work for me. I won't go panfish fishing without my locator or my Gulp Minnow Heads, specifically the smelt (or whatever color they black/white or gray/white ones are). I have red and don't like red as much, and white which are decent, but the ones that look more real work better.

I just find they work BETTER for me, and I have tested them out side by side on good and bad bites. A few times I have had actual heads work better, but usually the Gulp does, especially if they are biting decent, as you only need 1 per every about 15 fish, if not more.

I only bring minnows nowadays if someone else is coming or if I plan to use bobbers (rarely) as Gulp won't work under a bobber very well, you need to jig it, even the full minnow gulp.

I have had jars leak, but not a big problem. get rid of the foa/foil seal and then tighten them good. Try to keep them upright, but I keep a jar (with all colors and some gulp maggots) in my bibs pocket all the time and no probs. Good luck. Sorry for the book, and no I don't sell gulp or sponsor... smile

I've used them with decent success but they are kind of a P.I.T.A. to bring along because of the leaky containers and the stinky liquid. I have tried several different things: putting thread seal on the tops, not removing the silver top the whole way, cutting a hole in the silver layer and using forceps to get them out. They always leak.

Just a quick note here. I love gulp and yes the stuff leaks. I found a way to keep it from getting everywhere even when my boys fish with them. Take a sealable tupperware container and buy some foam. Cut it to size of container then cut holes for the jars. Keeps it nice and eat and doesn't spill even in my backpack. 

20150901_130518[1].jpg

20150901_130531[1].jpg

Edited by razorsedge31

Try the plastic Lindy perch eye...........My buddy put one on under a spoon. We all made fun of him.......Now I always have them in my shack.

where do you find them?   I haven't seen them anywhere.

I usually get mine at Fleet Farm or Cabelas.

I am a huge fan of gulp products as they just work for me. I dump all my gulp into several Tupperware dishes and seal them this way... Note: DO NOT TELL YOUR WIFE YOU ARE STEALING HER TUPPERWARE FOR THIS PURPOSE... Trust me.

It is very bad to steal Joboo's rum. It is VERY BAD...  said Cerano

I've had very good luck with gulp maggots but haven't tried the minnow heads yet.

As for the leaking issues (for the maggots at least) I leave the leaky jars at home. I use old contact lens cases to store them in. They take up very little space and leak proof.  Problem solved.

I have a assortment of rubber o rings and so the other day I found one that was the same size as the inside diameter of the lid, took out the foam and add the o ring instead. No leaks as of yet! I also have the Plano liquid bait holder too and never had a leak but it's too big to be putting in my rod case.

i see the minnow heads are now comming in a resealable ziplock style pouch but that leaks worse then the jar.