Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

HotPocket

Carp and other Rough fish pics

771 posts in this topic

LuckyDevil with a big Carp. Got it jigin for eyes.

010-6-1.jpg

Dont know were to put the white bass pics so...? Two at 19"

006-7.jpg

awesome.

im so glad bowfishing is done today...

ill actually have a shot now, without them running around in the river with their boat, spooking, and shooting everything.

this week is spring break.... hopefully ill be able to catch some of the hundreds of carp, sucker, and redhorse that are down there.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Great catches hotpocket! Hopefully with this warmer weather coming I'll be able to get out soon.

Just a reminder to folks to not use this forum to bash on other anglers who are legally harvesting fish. Any further comments on the subject of bowfishing for roughfish should be directed to the Outdoor Discussion forum.

Nice white bass. I seem to catch tons on the rivers. You get some that big on the medium light rod in the spring current and thats a party. Tons of fun.

Nice catch there HP them Whities are a blast to catch

Those are some pig whities! Those have to be pushing close to the state record for a whitey. 19" and full of eggs?

Those are some huge white bass for sure. I bet they were very close to the state record. Nice catches! Good to see some open water stuff going on finally...

Yea, the one fish was 19X14.5 and 3.10 lbs. Alot of fun anyways.

awesome fish hotpocket. my local hole is completely open, but the only fish around are pike, hopfully those golden beasts will show up soon

What was the length on that 4 lber, if you dont mind me asking?

That things a giant, nice fish!

Couple Whites from the other day...HP's went 3.9lbs....caught around a dozen or so with 15in being the smallest...nice fight to these guys!

100_2069.jpg

100_2067.jpg

Oh yea! Unlike Walleyes that hit a lure with a tap-tap, A White Bass hits a lure harder then you think a fish that size can. Fun stuff.

Good job!

Bass, White 4-2.4 18.5 / 15.1 Mississippi River Pool 5 Wabasha 05/04/2004

You are getting there Jake!!!

Beautiful Fish

Got out fly fishing for the first time in 2010. Off to a decent start so far.

bib4zoom.jpg

qbsalt.jpg

bibpose1alt2.jpg

Are both of these smallmouth buffalo. I think the first is but the second one I was not sure about. Scales were flaking off and very silvery. Maybe the diference is just because of the age of the fish as the first one was much larger.

DSC00222-1.jpg

IMG00015-20100312-1125-1.jpg

I think the bottom one is a River CarpSucker. Top one is smallmouth

Thanks for the help. First River Carpsucker I have caught.

I NEED TO GO FISHING!!!!!!!

im sitting at home right now sicker than hell and this isn't making me feel any better! haha

very nice fish you guys! stunning buffs and quilly DEADhead