• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp and other Rough fish pics

HotPocket

I don't see any reddish color on the fins, but the size would say Greater Redhorse.

From the coloring alone, I would go with White Sucker and pretty big ones ta boot.

Roughfish with a daught and a com has some good ID's for you

Those are all White Suckers, really nice ones too.

Heres my first fish of 2010...

Caught yesterday out of the Cannon River, along with one other Common. Fishing was pretty slow, but its gonna come around quick if we dont get much for rain.

tn_IMG_2837.jpg

Jake, what are you using to catch them? I have tried almost everything and have only been able to catch one

i have been using left over waxies and eurolarvea from ice fishing.

if you are using corn, thats why. during the winter, corn is hard for carp to digest

LOTW, definately some nice size white suckers! saw one like that out fishing the other day. but never caught it

Some sweet suckers you got there.

Jake you fishing that same area as last spring?

Been a pretty tough bite for me light biters with no commitment. I swithced to a fly and a waxie but still no go only 1 so far.

oh boy... today was incredible! more action than ever before! exactly one year from the hottest day of fishing, at the same spot, last year!

i was joined by two youngsters who wanted to fsih for bass. but after i told them that bass season was closed, i hooked into a little 5lb carp. of course, like any kids, they wanted to catch one two!

eventually, one turned into two, which turned into three. all they were saying is "this is fun!"

it wasnt long before we got our first double.

carp17.jpg

after a few more fish, i went home, grabbed a sandwich, and a camera. and went back out.

ill let the pictures tell the rest of the story!

carp3.jpg

carp5.jpg

carp2-1.jpg

triple!

carp9.jpg

fish of the day! and biggest so far this year!

carp12.jpg

carp11.jpg

carp10.jpg

second triple! (mine was the second biggest fish of the day)

carp13.jpg

the day ender!

carp14.jpg

needless to say.... these boys are hooked!

got my first white suckers of 2010. both were pretty decent size!

numero uno

sucker3.jpg

sucker2.jpg

numero dos

sucker7.jpg

sucker.jpg

they couldnt resist the little earth worms i dug up! unfortunately, neither could a couple pike, and a walleye. but for some reason, the carp resisted taking it. quite odd if i say so myself....

Elwood-

Nice to see the Greaters are there in good enough numbers for you to get 2 of them! That white is good sized. With a bonus silver.

I brought my 6 month old out and he took the pole from me.

IMG_1632.jpg

Acctually we got five of them and about 15-20 of the white and silvers