• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has this happened to anyone else?

bronzeback

I know many muskies are caught multiples times in their lives, even multiple times within a year. I'm just curious about whether or not anyone on this forum has caught a fish, then re-caught that fish later.

This fish has seen my boat twice now, and I thought it was pretty interesting. Both times she hit boatside.

samefish.jpg

and i'm much happier than I look, just bad timing.

Gotta love catch and release.

But if you look at the coloring on the pelvic fin (lower middle) you can see a color difference right above it.The 1st fish has white above it where as the 2nd fish does not. Oh well.

Camera flash washing it out, night thing...

Hiya -

Caught the same fish 4 times one summer - fish had a big scar on her noggin so it was no question it was the same fish. All 4 times she was within maybe 25 feet of where she'd been caught or seen previously. Weird thing was she hit the same bait all 4 times (a purple Harasser). She'd follow other stuff sometimes, but only hit that Harasser... I lost her at least one other time too.

Fish are weird.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Not sure if I ever caught the same one but I know of 50Inchpig getting one that I messed up a bit (not proud of that but I was glad it lived.) More importantly what does the bottom of your boat look like - with fish like this coming up to it twice I want to paint mine to look the same!! wink

Nice fish!!

Aluminum with a bit of a scum line. wink

And as far as him wearing that shirt, he came back to town that night from an interview in the metro area and I convinced him to get dropped off at the landing to fish. I'd say it was worth it.

Anyone questioning that this is the same fish only needs to look at the 3 larger dots on the tail portion, or I can post a more detailed close up, but there's no question.

It's cool to hear everyone else's stories similar to this, I'm hoping I see this girl again next year.