Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
First Ice-Mike

Pawn Stars

18 posts in this topic

Dad was funny when Big Hoss bought the boat. What makes it work is they all think they are in charge. I couldnt beleive when Grampa didnt buy that 51 yankees ball.

I've caught parts of it a couple of times. It is pretty interesting what people bring in, and the knowledge the owners have about a wide variety of items.

Ive got it on the DVR to record.

Very interesting on all of the historical stuff still floating around out there yet and people choose to bring it to a pawn shop instead of trying to sell it themselves.

Very interesting on all of the historical stuff still floating around out there yet and people choose to bring it to a pawn shop instead of trying to sell it themselves.

I was talking about this with my wife.

I think the producers find things on HSO-Classifieds / HSO-Classifieds / trade show papers that people are selling, contact the people, and have them bring their products to a pawn shop, and then the producers pay behind the scene the difference between what the customer gets / wants and what the pawn shop says.

The show I saw last night, a guy brings a $20,000 cannon in to pawn. Why wouldn't you list that on HSO-Classifieds or a Civil War HSOforum?

I would have to agree that something is going on behind the scenes to get people in or to make it worth their while.

On yesterdays show they said that 75% of people CANT reach an agreement on price.

Originally Posted By: MuleShack

I was talking about this with my wife.

I think the producers find things on HSO-Classifieds / HSO-Classifieds / trade show papers that people are selling, contact the people, and have them bring their products to a pawn shop, and then the producers pay behind the scene the difference between what the customer gets / wants and what the pawn shop says.

The show I saw last night, a guy brings a $20,000 cannon in to pawn. Why wouldn't you list that on HSO-Classifieds or a Civil War HSOforum?

Who knows maybe one day we will see a 20' Box fan on there!!!! grin

The old guy is collecting a fortune for the the @#&! jar yet he must owe a few bucks,too.

Caught the show for the first time tonight. Had to laugh at the guy with the colonial era pistol that he thought was worth about $1000 or more and came to find out it was a replica worth about $75. I think he said he paid $800 for it and the wife was making him get rid of it. Ouch.

This show is hilarious. I enjoy all of the crazy stuff that's been brought in. I am sure the producers find these people, but its still crazy what they are trying to sell. The old man cracks me up.

If you go on History Channels site and under the Pawn Stars thing you can email them what you are going to bring in to pawn

Caught the show for the first time tonight. Had to laugh at the guy with the colonial era pistol that he thought was worth about $1000 or more and came to find out it was a replica worth about $75. I think he said he paid $800 for it and the wife was making him get rid of it. Ouch.

laugh

Love it when the customers say they want $XXXXX price and they laugh at them. Hillarious!